LASER SAFETY

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Midnight.Sun

Re: LASER SAFETY

Postby Midnight.Sun » 04 Sep 2017, 03:42

No answer of course. You better read before you start trash writing, and next time keep it away from responsible topics threads.

Midnight.Sun

Postby Midnight.Sun » 04 Sep 2017, 05:43

Ok, first he posted nonsense trying to mock my scientifically based sequence of posts (I discovered that just today), couldn't care less, although it was weird, but thought OK, because I thought he seems to be picking it up from previous language wording mistake I made in an older (batteries) thread that he mocked, and I accepted graciously and returned the humour with better.

Then he immediately post HARSH and insulting nonsense, after I quote my own post and wrote a continuation, he did without even taking the needed time to read what I wrote (in the post that I'm quoteing an earlier one with a ONE word correction im red colour editing, the second edit was just to correct the red colour itself that I apparently pressed twice the first time, plus some wording gramar in the new post as I'm not English speaker and I always find language mistakes while reading my own writing). His action was really weird and unwitnessed before manners around here in around 2 years now for me, it made me wonder if all my posts about this really SERIOUS topic were so wrong that It turned him that angry, as he thinks I'm intentionally writing harmful information, so I took it easy and started to read what others have wrote, and to my astonishment I saw the post number 8 in the first page here written by the OP "Craggrat" (wish him peace where ever he is), and I was shocked, because it contradicts with everything I wrote, and I'm very very confident of my knowledge, went through excessive forum research and read all I could found written by the knowledgeable people here (that I'm familiar with after Nov 2015 when I registered), and their writings confirms my knowledge and what I wrote, so went into excessive web articles research and all confirmed my writings and it is all over the net (bare in mind that all I wrote is original coming from my personal experience as a guy who is so much into Illumination not like the OP post No8 who seems to have copied from Laser forums).... Anyhow, researches about the danger of light (torches or lasers, only difference is the later is a lot more dangerous than the first) in the light spectrum wavelengths on human eye is all over the web, harvest as you wish, only the fewer from un known/trustworthy sources support what the OP "Craggrat" wrote (or copied) in post number 8 in the first page, which Mr Harshtalker seems to blindly believe (ironically enough), but I say it's completely baseless.

No more time for me to spend, and I didn't want to clash with Mr Snoopy because I never saw in this forum anything but politeness and gentlemanly manners, but at the end of my research I needed to show him who wrong he is to talk harsh without having any knowledge about a subject that I wrote my original life experience with flashlights of all wavelengths, and wanted to share it in full honestly to give back to the forum some in return to the huge knowledge people here are sharing together.

That's all I have to say, I ask the knowledgeable guys to read all I wrote in the previous page and made Snoopy fire his smoking guns, lol, and I accept their judgment to find anything, anything that is less than a scientific fact about wavelengths hazardous on human eyes.

Clunge

Postby Clunge » 04 Sep 2017, 07:20

Don't worry Midnight. Snoopy was not trashing your posts. He uses an idiomatic local english dialect (and spelling) to make his points.

He was not mocking. He was simply making his point. However, some of what snoopy said is clearly nonsense.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Postby phoenix » 04 Sep 2017, 07:51

Midnight - nobody actually understands most of what snoopy says - he'll openly admit that he has to use some pretty strong medication for one or more medical conditions from which he suffers.
If you look back at his posts you'll see that the level of rationality of his posts seems to vary directly with the amount of medication he is using.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Midnight.Sun

Postby Midnight.Sun » 04 Sep 2017, 10:09

:yawn: No worries, to be honest, I'm kind of familiar with Snoop's weirdness, I just felt like to make a scene before I took off, to stir the stagnation a little bit to get some facts right, also because I too have some pretty bad conditions of my own you know, that needs to be released into long boring texts.

Strange :wtf: you gentlemen Phoenix & Clunge were my first read yesterday about IR wavelengths, you are pretty much all the knowledgeable I was referring to :lol:

But for real, I read quantum of web universities published pappers, with the (.edu/.gov) terminals, and those were the ones that spoke my logic on the matter, while most the coloured Laser pages of no real life address talked contradicting and mixed logics of the upper side of the spectrum with the longer wavelengths being more dangerous than the lower side with the shorter ones, and some mix up the colours of visible light hazardous effects according to God knows what scales and experiments. Really we need some fact check around this subject, cuz some guys round here thinks the higher the number in nano meters (nm) the "hotter" it's energy gets, while in fact it's the other way around, they are thinking of IR like some kind of Cosmic Rays! (which are real rays but on the other end of the light spectrum far below UV and X RAY in terms of the shortness of their wave lengths in nano meter length measure)

All I intended is to give those guys an idea what really IR electromagnetic waves are, and that if IR "rays" were not stored in everything in our planet, thermal imaging simply wouldn't existed, as those Germanium (and what not) lenses all they do is picking up the IR energy emitted from within the creatures and objects, while in the other hand, in Digital NV and Light Intensifying Tubes NV, the digital sensors and phosphorus tubes are just picking up what's reflecting of Visible light and/or Infra Red light from the exterior surfaces of the objects and creatures, whether those lights were being artificially thrown at them (via torches or lasers) or whats available naturally out there from the night sky reflecting of them.

That said, it's still a fact that even if the IR light in its physical nature is a bit of lesser energy than the other lights, that doesn't take away anything from the dangerousness of IR torches, and the even significantly more dangerous IR lasers, and anyone looking into any slash bit of these device's beams is a feken moron. Those devices simply concentrates the harmless invisible (conning to our eyes) IR waves into thrusting beams full of energy, in order to achieve throwing that energy far into the distance, and that kind of power our poor eyes simply can't handle at all, and are defenceless against, and it can burn their photo receptors cells into dead tissue.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Postby phoenix » 04 Sep 2017, 11:54

Midnight,
I agree with you completely on this and I have several posts on the subject of IR laser safety.
For my money, there's simply no need to use them when we have excellent IR LEDs which provide more than enough light to illuminate our targets at distances far beyond what we might shoot and which present a much lower risk of eyesight damage.
Thermal, of course is the perfect solution because we are not emitting any radiation, only detecting the radiation which is produced by everything around us and which is emitted at wavelengths with far less energy than IR or visible light.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

snoopy

Postby snoopy » 04 Sep 2017, 12:50

thanks guys lol...

i'll clarify, eye damage feels like a gentle tickle at first..like hay fever starting...and scales up.

eye eye..
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

Midnight.Sun

Postby Midnight.Sun » 04 Sep 2017, 22:42

Thanks for the information Snoopy :thumbup:
, but I hope you are not talking from personal experience. I myself have minor eyes vision issues that my doctor said it's a result of head banging accidents or sudden violent moves, couldn't argue to be honest as had both many times.

Bruce,
Right, most things around us are emitting various low energy radiation, I think it's mostly IR, especially in living creatures and plants, IR has wide frequency range as I describe in my earlier posts, from ~790nm all the way to ~1000000nm, some things emitts higher energy radiation, and some other materials have very high Radio activity. So yes, pretty wide variation of heat degrees to be detected in the Thermal Imager.

All that electromagnetic radiation we are receiving around the clock from the Sun and the other stars, been stored in the planet since it's creation. The radiations above IR in the light spectrum has longer wavelengths and lower energy, like (e.g. Radar waves, UHF, VHF, Radio waves, short FM, middle/long AM .... etc), the others below IR in the spectrum has shorter wavelengths and higher energy (e.g. visible light that starts with the Red light and ends with the Violet, then the ultra violet aka UV, then X Ray, then Cosmic Rays, Alfa, Beta, Gama.... etc). Basically we are living on a small chunk that was detached from the Sun, packed with heat coming from the Magma and other layers inside it, plus the radiation mother Sun supplies every day, that gets stored and released from everything around us on daily basis. So yeah pretty wide variety of radiation for the Thermal Imager to detect it's different heating effect degrees.
Last edited by Midnight.Sun on 05 Sep 2017, 17:44, edited 2 times in total.

rodp
A bad influence

Postby rodp » 05 Sep 2017, 17:33

phoenix wrote:Midnight - nobody actually understands most of what snoopy says - he'll openly admit that he has to use some pretty strong medication for one or more medical conditions from which he suffers.
If you look back at his posts you'll see that the level of rationality of his posts seems to vary directly with the amount of medication he is using.

Cheers

Bruce

Hmm, I always liked snoopys posts, and pretty well understood them :think: Wonder what that says about me ??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

With reference to lasers though, eyes and lasers don't mix, full stop. Whether it be direct or reflection they're seriously bad news in my eyes (see what I did there) and should be kept apart.
Has anyone heard of livestock being blinded, or even partially so, through lasers? After having watched various videos on youtube of lasers being flashed about all over the place, in the eyes of farmers, buddys, livestock etc it's a wonder there's not sheep or cattle bumping around the fields all over the place. Or doesn't it affect livestock ?
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Postby Silent Shooter » 05 Sep 2017, 17:55

Hmm, I always liked snoopys posts, and pretty well understood them :think: Wonder what that says about me ??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

:silent:
Geoff

Return to “General Nightvision”