LASER SAFETY

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Midnight.Sun

Re: LASER SAFETY

Post by Midnight.Sun » 04 Sep 2017, 03:42

* post deleted:
Came back to read something and I hate what I had previously wrote here, definitely was in lack of sleep condition. Mistake, should've deleted it the next day, way late now.
Last edited by Midnight.Sun on 26 Apr 2018, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 04 Sep 2017, 05:43

.......torches or lasers, only difference is the later is a lot more dangerous than the first ......

*rest of post deleted for the same reason.
Last edited by Midnight.Sun on 26 Apr 2018, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

Clunge

Post by Clunge » 04 Sep 2017, 07:20

Don't worry Midnight. Snoopy was not trashing your posts. He uses an idiomatic local english dialect (and spelling) to make his points.

He was not mocking. He was simply making his point. However, some of what snoopy said is clearly nonsense.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 04 Sep 2017, 07:51

Midnight - nobody actually understands most of what snoopy says - he'll openly admit that he has to use some pretty strong medication for one or more medical conditions from which he suffers.
If you look back at his posts you'll see that the level of rationality of his posts seems to vary directly with the amount of medication he is using.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 04 Sep 2017, 10:09

That said, it's still a fact that even if the IR light in its physical nature is a bit of lesser energy than the other lights, that doesn't take away anything from the dangerousness of IR torches, and the even significantly more dangerous IR lasers, and anyone looking into any slash bit of these device's beams is a feken moron. Those devices simply concentrates the harmless invisible (conning to our eyes) IR waves into thrusting beams full of energy, in order to achieve throwing that energy far into the distance, and that kind of power our poor eyes simply can't handle at all, and are defenceless against, and it can burn their photo receptors cells into dead tissue.

* Rest of post is again, deleted.
Last edited by Midnight.Sun on 26 Apr 2018, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 04 Sep 2017, 11:54

Midnight,
I agree with you completely on this and I have several posts on the subject of IR laser safety.
For my money, there's simply no need to use them when we have excellent IR LEDs which provide more than enough light to illuminate our targets at distances far beyond what we might shoot and which present a much lower risk of eyesight damage.
Thermal, of course is the perfect solution because we are not emitting any radiation, only detecting the radiation which is produced by everything around us and which is emitted at wavelengths with far less energy than IR or visible light.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 04 Sep 2017, 12:50

thanks guys lol...

i'll clarify, eye damage feels like a gentle tickle at first..like hay fever starting...and scales up.

eye eye..
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 04 Sep 2017, 22:42

Bruce,
Right, most things around us are emitting various low energy radiation, I think it's mostly IR, especially in living creatures and plants, IR has wide frequency range as I describe in my earlier posts, from ~790nm all the way to ~1000000nm, some things emitts higher energy radiation, and some other materials have very high Radio activity. So yes, pretty wide variation of heat degrees to be detected in the Thermal Imager.

All that electromagnetic radiation we are receiving around the clock from the Sun and the other stars, been stored in the planet since it's creation. The radiations above IR in the light spectrum has longer wavelengths and lower energy, like (e.g. Radar waves, UHF, VHF, Radio waves, short FM, middle/long AM .... etc), the others below IR in the spectrum has shorter wavelengths and higher energy (e.g. visible light that starts with the Red light and ends with the Violet, then the ultra violet aka UV, then X Ray, then Cosmic Rays, Alfa, Beta, Gama.... etc). Basically we are living on a small chunk that was detached from the Sun, cooled only on the outer layers, still packed with Magma heat in its core, plus the radiation mother Sun and the other stars supplies every day to the surface, and gets stored and released from everything on the planet daily. So yeah pretty wide variety of radiation energy heat for the Thermal Imager to detect it's different heating effect degrees.

* Start of the post was also deleted for the same reason.
Last edited by Midnight.Sun on 26 Apr 2018, 01:30, edited 3 times in total.

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 05 Sep 2017, 17:33

phoenix wrote:Midnight - nobody actually understands most of what snoopy says - he'll openly admit that he has to use some pretty strong medication for one or more medical conditions from which he suffers.
If you look back at his posts you'll see that the level of rationality of his posts seems to vary directly with the amount of medication he is using.

Cheers

Bruce

Hmm, I always liked snoopys posts, and pretty well understood them :think: Wonder what that says about me ??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

With reference to lasers though, eyes and lasers don't mix, full stop. Whether it be direct or reflection they're seriously bad news in my eyes (see what I did there) and should be kept apart.
Has anyone heard of livestock being blinded, or even partially so, through lasers? After having watched various videos on youtube of lasers being flashed about all over the place, in the eyes of farmers, buddys, livestock etc it's a wonder there's not sheep or cattle bumping around the fields all over the place. Or doesn't it affect livestock ?
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 05 Sep 2017, 17:55

Hmm, I always liked snoopys posts, and pretty well understood them :think: Wonder what that says about me ??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

:silent:
Geoff