New rifle or 're barrel tikka t3

Rimfire and centrefire forum. Show us your setup, talk about ammo, ask advice or simply tell us what you use.
thesmi

New rifle or 're barrel tikka t3

Post by thesmi » 19 Jul 2017, 17:15

Hello

I've got a tikka t3 243 and it's not what it used to be and looking to either replace or rebarrel.

What are people's preferences and why

Cheets

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: New rifle or 're barrel tikka t3

Post by phoenix » 19 Jul 2017, 17:36

I would have thought that if you could sell your existing rifle, the difference between what you get for it and a new rifle would probably be less than the cost of a rebarrel.
Going into a gunshop and trading in your existing Tikka for new one would also be a quicker and easier process than having the existing rifle rebarrelled and you wouldn't be without a rifle while your existing rifle is being rebarrelled

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 19 Jul 2017, 18:42

This is the only one thing on my mind that is stopping me from a rebarrel that you mention.

Apart from getting a better finish i don't see much gains on a rebarrel as the rifles these days are spot on from manufacturer any way so very hard decision

Upon enquiring about rebarrel seems to take around 6weeks . And 1000£ for what I want which does seem steepish......bearing in mind I could but a new t3 Varmint for little more

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 20 Jul 2017, 11:13

Have you tried James at jäger SA Theo?

He's based in Colchester and used to post on Stalking D & Ukv but not been on either recently, I did find him on guntrader though...he had a reputation for reasonably priced, no-nonsense re-barrelling.

https://www.guntrader.uk/dealers/colchester/j-ger-sa

Cheers mate :thumbup:

Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 20 Jul 2017, 12:32

Cheers for heads up. I hadn't tried him but was thinking nail mckillop but Colchester is handy being only down the road. Il give him a try see what he says

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 20 Jul 2017, 14:55

thesmi wrote:Cheers for heads up. I hadn't tried him but was thinking nail mckillop but Colchester is handy being only down the road. Il give him a try see what he says

:thumbup:

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 21 Jul 2017, 09:25

fizzbangwhallop wrote:Have you tried James at jäger SA Theo?

He's based in Colchester and used to post on Stalking D & Ukv but not been on either recently, I did find him on guntrader though...he had a reputation for reasonably priced, no-nonsense re-barrelling.

Fizz
8-)
Neither of his number seem to ring. Maybe given up on the sport

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 21 Jul 2017, 10:16

thesmi wrote:
fizzbangwhallop wrote:Have you tried James at jäger SA Theo?

Fizz
8-)
Neither of his number seem to ring. Maybe given up on the sport
That's a shame.....I did wonder if he'd had enough of the bitching that sometimes exists on those forums.

Cheers

Fizz

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 21 Jul 2017, 10:28

Just done a google on him and SD came up with a post in February showing contact details....different phone number

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/ ... rting-arms

:thumbup:

Fingers crossed

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 21 Jul 2017, 12:09

Cheers for looking but still no luck not sure why......but just saying this number is currently receiving calls