Sako Quad hmr action wanted - shot out barrel ok

Rimfire and centrefire forum. Show us your setup, talk about ammo, ask advice or simply tell us what you use.
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Sako Quad hmr action wanted - shot out barrel ok

Post by some bloke » 27 Jan 2018, 15:49

Does anyone have a 17HMR Sako Quad varmint they are thinking about dumping, possibly nearing its shot out stage? I'm not much bothered about its visual condition.

I currently have a spare HMR varmint barrel and sound mod on my ticket as a separate firearm that accompanies my 22lr Sako Quad, and rather like the idea of getting another action to make it a complete rifle as I constantly swap it between 22LR and HMR – with relative scope swaps too. That usually needs a zero check and adjust.

I have not yet put in for a variation to acquire another HMR but will be applying for one as a dedicated night vision rifle. Doing it this way would allow me to decide if I like it with the barrel it comes with – or my existing barrel which was replaced about two years ago when my original got shot out after about 7000 rounds. Apparently the Varmint barrel fitting spigot is a different size than heavy types.

I'll be sending in a HMR variation anyway and this route should maximise my options.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: Sako Quad hmr action wanted - shot out barrel ok

Post by some bloke » 03 Feb 2018, 16:11

Game on chaps - who has a redundant complete .17HMR Sako Quad.

I might be able to take one that was registered into the system as a .22 if you scrap it and sell it via an RFD - but that will depend on if that is permissable.

Well done Leicester Firearms Licencing. I delivered the variation application by hand on Monday afternoon and the ticket with authority to acquire a .17HMR got here today.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 15 Feb 2018, 12:03

Still looking for a near shot out one at a shot out price - or may consider one for a bit more with a 15" or 16" barrel if it has a decent remaining shot count. Would consider part exchanging a new night vision add on or spotter.

Shropshire Dan

Post by Shropshire Dan » 11 Mar 2018, 18:48

I've still got this 1 sat here doing nothing mate

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 11 Mar 2018, 20:24

Aw just a few days too late Dan, I have one in RFD transit that I found on the SD forum, sorry.

I paid more than initially intended for one and will almost definitely leave its 22" heavy barrel in the cabinet, or get it chopped down if and when my existing spare barrel gets shot out. It was cheaper than paying £580 for a new one without a barrel.