Broken Extractor Claw

Rimfire and centrefire forum. Show us your setup, talk about ammo, ask advice or simply tell us what you use.
gunnybedford

Broken Extractor Claw

Post by gunnybedford » 20 Mar 2018, 18:04

Hi

So my lovely Mauser 201 has a nadged extractor claw, which not only is causing issues ejecting empty cases, but may (or not) be also responsible for a number of light strikes i have been having, causing misfires.

The guy trying to fix is, is not sure if he can source an original replacement, so does anyone know where i might be able to source Mauser parts ? its a 201 model .22WMR, but i believe the .22LR parts are the same. Failing that does anyone know of anyone in the Kent area who would be up to fabricating another one if I cant get a spare ?? ive already tired Dane and Co, who were not interested.
I do hope this can be sorted !! :( :( :( :(
thanks Neil

22-250jock

Re: Broken Extractor Claw

Post by 22-250jock » 20 Mar 2018, 19:08

try contacting Mauser Rimfire Rifles http://www.thamesvalleyguns.co.uk/page38.html

they should be able to help you source parts :thumbup:

cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,

gunnybedford

Post by gunnybedford » 20 Mar 2018, 21:22

Cheers Jock

that was the first thing i done today ! that webpage and the report on the 201 is a few years old, but hopefully the e mail address is still valid, he is a Mauser 201 fan, so might have some contacts somewhere.

gunnybedford

Post by gunnybedford » 23 Mar 2018, 22:10

So after exhaustive enquiries and getting nowhere with regards to either finding a spare claw or having one made, all is well ! and a classic example of RFQ or more in this case read the F****** manual !!

It would appear the Mauser 201 bolt is designed to have different shaped claws, with one being more blunter than the other, and i have not, in my frustration of have an empty case stuck not shagged the claw working the bolt back and forth, Phew !!

The reasons for the misfires and stuck cases it would appear, is the fact that some Knob in the rifles previous live had been firing .22LR's through it, which fouls up things nicely !!

My thanks to Fred, my local gun guru, for sussing it out and sorting!

-I was however given the name and e mail address of a guy in Germany who stocks Mauser spares, so if anyone in the future needs to find a bit, get hold of me and i will pass on the details,

cheers