Black sun 2 ir 5 mode

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
hairlesshunter

Black sun 2 ir 5 mode

Post by hairlesshunter » 30 Dec 2017, 18:53

Hi all as any one else encountered strobing and flashing on there black sun 2 ir pils it's happened twice now first I thought it was the battery that was low but now I know it wasn't and the pil is 5 mode :eh:

Coling

Re: Black sun 2 ir 5 mode

Post by Coling » 30 Dec 2017, 19:16

Hi Craig
I have had this where the pill was flashing and what I found was the battery wasn’t a very good connection as the spring on the pill was shorter than the AS pill I had previously used before and the + button on the top of the battery wasn’t as proud as some others I have ,once I changed it to a better battery with a longer button so to speak the issues was resolved .
Regards
Colin

hairlesshunter

Post by hairlesshunter » 30 Dec 2017, 19:44

Hi Colin cheers for that but think mine must be different as I can tap the end a it starts to flash the sos :shock: no good for shoots foxes :D of in trouble lol :crazy: as you need a nv to see it

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 30 Dec 2017, 19:58

Hi hairlesshunter,

It sounds like it has changed groups.

Just put it in low power mode and watch it. After a second or two it will blink. When it does this, give it a quick press just as you would to change modes and it will be back to the 3 mode group again. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

hairlesshunter

Post by hairlesshunter » 30 Dec 2017, 21:02

cliveward wrote:Hi hairlesshunter,

It sounds like it has changed groups.

Just put it in low power mode and watch it. After a second or two it will blink. When it does this, give it a quick press just as you would to change modes and it will be back to the 3 mode group again. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive
Cheers Clive think I've done it but it now makeing a very low but high pitched sound if that makes sense cheers Craig
N

hairlesshunter

Post by hairlesshunter » 30 Dec 2017, 21:04

Just to up date all seem to be ok cheers Clive :thumbup: