Wicked Hunting lights

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
Mini Magnum

Re: Wicked Hunting lights

Post by Mini Magnum » 23 Jun 2018, 11:08

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 23 Jun 2018, 11:23

Ian not going to rush out and buy one , its the first torch ive seen that can swop leds , in situ , nice idea , if lamping a proper dimmer is handy compared to a 3 mode switch , yep people still lamp , we had 5 one night last week lamping off a mule , cover a large area of the estate in a couple of hours, so still has its place , plus makes a nice change from using n.v . As for the torch mounts , they are pretty solid , nice and smooth adjustment , no movement on the drone , easy to attach/take off , yeah i like them , only thing found similar was off taclight or splatty , give them some use over the next year and see if they hold up......

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 23 Jun 2018, 11:33

poppy mae wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 11:23
Ian not going to rush out and buy one , its the first torch ive seen that can swop leds , in situ , nice idea , if lamping a proper dimmer is handy compared to a 3 mode switch , yep people still lamp , we had 5 one night last week lamping off a mule , cover a large area of the estate in a couple of hours, so still has its place , plus makes a nice change from using n.v . As for the torch mounts , they are pretty solid , nice and smooth adjustment , no movement on the drone , easy to attach/take off , yeah i like them , only thing found similar was off taclight or splatty , give them some use over the next year and see if they hold up......
In essence its no different to using a Night Master Xsearcher, its just a torch... give it a year, there will be another one, with 4 or 5 leds, or two times the power and people will be like....oooooooo shiny! :lol:

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 23 Jun 2018, 11:36

Mini Magnum wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 11:33
poppy mae wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 11:23

In essence its no different to using a Night Master Xsearcher, or any other torch its just a torch... Yeh if your on a budget lights are ok, but I'll take NV/Thermal any day of the week... give it a year, there will be another one, with 4 or 5 leds, or two times the power and people will be like....oooooooo shiny!

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 20 Jul 2018, 22:06

Not to add another product on the table (I know :roll: ), but I hate it when I see such high price on a build that seems to be just another one of the UniqueFire variants.

The 3 LED's innovation is VERY nice, but it's not the only one out there, there's one made by Klarus (a top notch flashlight manufacturer), the FH10 model, along with it's FH10 Halo-Shield optional accessory (rugged threaded Aluminium halo cutter), €110 for the flashlight, €13 for the shield. It has an inner cylinder at the neck that slides sideways to change between 3 visible LED's (White/Red/Green), yes it's a visible one, and ehhh :roll: Green!! Don't know what's that for at all :roll: ? But again the design, quality, and price are much better. I think if the 3 LED's idea is that usable for hunting and there's demand for it, it can be interesting for many UK dealers to give Klarus factory a call for making (IR 940/IR 850/Red) or (940/850/Ruby) models for the UK market, or for what's worth it some people may modify the existing model for either use or trade. It's a better model anyway, IMO.