Solaris srx Laser

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
jrn

Re: Solaris srx Laser

Post by jrn » 21 Sep 2018, 07:04

poppy mae wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 21:26
Hard one to answer , comes down to personal choice , bought the laser for the Drone ,works really good and suits the Drone , dont really use the 800 much , for rats or hmr use prefer using the AS led torch , even out to good ranges , the SRX will give the ward good legs well out past 200yds at high mag , beauty its T20 size compared to a big aspheric , its 134 pounds posted , so not cheap , but much better than an yukon based illuminator for not to much more , then decide either a single or 3 mode ? Prefer a single for the drone , copes really well close or far away , hard one to call , suppose it depends on how far you want to shoot a real target in the field .
Bought the srx 3 mode one for my WD800s and S tac 2.5-17.5 x 56 and I am very happy with its' so far clarity and contrast is very good,and from my front door to far fence in the filed it is 371 yards and on 10 x I was getting a cracking pitcher of that fence last night so if it is distance you are after and you have a ir hungry Drone I think you wont go far wrong with one of these thanks for your input Paul .
John.

Cornish fixer

Post by Cornish fixer » 21 Sep 2018, 11:06

Hi John could you possible know if the Solaris mk 2 is the same as the srx just been looking a YouTube of a dragonfly and the Solaris mk 2 and the picture with the Solaris to my eyes wasn't as defined /sharp as the dragonfly has the srx got a clearer (no shapes ) in the beam image possable :!: :!:

Cornish fixer

Post by Cornish fixer » 21 Sep 2018, 11:06

Hi John could you possible know if the Solaris mk 2 is the same as the srx just been looking a YouTube of a dragonfly and the Solaris mk 2 and the picture with the Solaris to my eyes wasn't as defined /sharp as the dragonfly has the srx got a clearer (no shapes ) in the beam image possable :!: :!:

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 21 Sep 2018, 11:21

Cornish fixer wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 11:06
Until John gets back to you on this i'll answer it.
The Solaris mk2 laser isnt the same as the SRX, the SRX has only just nicely come available, if you look at the date on the Y-tube footage SRX might be over the last 2 months, the mk2 will be some thing like 12 months ago.

Dave (warbucks)

jrn

Post by jrn » 21 Sep 2018, 11:36

warbucks wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 11:21
Cornish fixer wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 11:06
Until John gets back to you on this i'll answer it.
The Solaris mk2 laser isnt the same as the SRX, the SRX has only just nicely come available, if you look at the date on the Y-tube footage SRX might be over the last 2 months, the mk2 will be some thing like 12 months ago.

Dave (warbucks)
Thanks for that Dave .

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 22 Sep 2018, 10:35

I have just bought a Solaris SRX and tried it for the first time last night. So far I have only tried it on my Ward 700/Hawke WA 4-16x50 combo and in my opinion it is no better that the Ruby pilled T50 and NM800 that I normally use. I presume it could be more covert but I am not going to go out the other end and have a look back unless someone can tell how far away I need to be for it to be safe ?

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 22 Sep 2018, 12:12

For the Drone it works really well , tried it with the ward ,probably prefer the AS led illuminator i use to be honest , funny it suits one and ok-ish with the other , just my opinion , there again i prefer my homemade nv to the ward 800 , so probably a personal choice , one thing i did notice last night , which hasnt happenend on an AS/drone combo was white out when i took a shot with the srx for an instant ...