Solaris srx Laser

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
Mini Magnum

Re: Solaris srx Laser

Post by Mini Magnum » 22 Aug 2018, 10:26

weejohn wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 10:03
I 100% agree with what you say mini magnum.
If I never used a laser with the ward800l it would be pretty much unusable on my march scope.
The DFK has transformed it from a 100 yard setup to easily shooting things way beyond 300 yards.

Mini Magnum wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 19:59
Hi Bruce

The likes of the Dragonfly are the same, they can be seen if you wave your hand in front of them or even look from an angle... To me the benefits, image sharpness and distance make them a whole lot better for rear add ons at distance, every LED torch I have tried so far with the setups I use are no match for the Dragonfly upto now. Although I still always use caution and always wave my hand in front of the torch to check if its on, if I'm going to remove it or move it.
Yes the likes of a Dragonfly also allow you to use scopes that are normally poor with NV due to coatings blocking a lot of IR, due to the intensity and throw of the beam. LED’s have there place for dedicated units and rear add ons under a set distance but I honestly after trying pretty much all of them prefer a laser , the sharpness, contrast, torch size and ability to use real high magnification or even use NV units that are not brilliant compared to other models, it transforms them.

jrn

Post by jrn » 16 Sep 2018, 15:46

Any one used one with the WD800s and S Tac 2.5-17.5 x 56 thanks in advance.

John. :thumbup:

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » 16 Sep 2018, 18:23

Having just bought a Solaris SRX from the Torch Factory. I was totally impressed by there service, in both turnaround, and produced warning information. The laser comes in a smart lockable box, which in itself highlights the danger of the torch helping to stop it fall into the hands of divs and children.
This is a very powerful and well made device, small and light it has transformed the Warden addon/mamba combo. Nuff said from me for now.
Cheers

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 16 Sep 2018, 19:20

Jrn , using the Saightron/ward combo , when the laser is on flood fills the screen on 8x nicely ,anything below this is a bit much even on flood !Certainly gives the Ward some legs right upto 17x with the focus adjusted , so depends on what your shooting , where and what distance really , more of a long range illuminator to say the least...oh thats on full chat, could use the 3 mode make it more friendly for close stuff ...

sauer

Post by sauer » 16 Sep 2018, 21:10

So as a total laser nobody / novice ... which one would you guys recommend for wd800 ?

Links & price?

Curious....

Paul

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 16 Sep 2018, 21:26

Hard one to answer , comes down to personal choice , bought the laser for the Drone ,works really good and suits the Drone , dont really use the 800 much , for rats or hmr use prefer using the AS led torch , even out to good ranges , the SRX will give the ward good legs well out past 200yds at high mag , beauty its T20 size compared to a big aspheric , its 134 pounds posted , so not cheap , but much better than an yukon based illuminator for not to much more , then decide either a single or 3 mode ? Prefer a single for the drone , copes really well close or far away , hard one to call , suppose it depends on how far you want to shoot a real target in the field .

sauer

Post by sauer » 16 Sep 2018, 21:32

I’m thinking clarity and definition as opposed to long shots

Just wondered if it helps bring best out of an add on......

Mmmm,m

Paul

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 16 Sep 2018, 21:40

Its clear and defined , no issues there , think the torch factory does a 14 day return policy , service second to none , paul if still shooting close the AS leds more than enough...

angrybear

Post by angrybear » 19 Sep 2018, 00:49

I've just changed from a B50 to a Solaris laser on my Ward 700 & it has made such a difference I can hardly believe it.
Highly recommended, just exercise common sense in use.

Cornish fixer

Post by Cornish fixer » 19 Sep 2018, 18:05

Hi guys just wondering if worth getting one of these ,I use t74 ,t66 and nightmaster 800 with a ruby pill as an when all of these on top of my drone now other than the size difference would it enhance the clarity?? , I do understand being aware that this is a laser so very aware of eye safety ,thoughts please :thumbup: