If you could

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
Rammer

If you could

Post by Rammer » 30 Aug 2018, 20:21

Only own one illuminater ,and lord knows we have probably all got a least three which one and why, before I spend some more money on another :lol:
My set up is drone
Regards Lee

warbucks

Re: If you could

Post by warbucks » 30 Aug 2018, 23:05

Hi Lee
If you are using a dp and you dont have the "kevgun" front lens support convention, you need to keep the weight of the illuminator down, at the moment im using a Tr38 820nm ir and i have no reason to change this, but if was megga critical, some of the i/r light is out side of the fov so a 50mm one would have been better, but when push comes to shove a good example of dragonfly is KING, for both add on's and the drone pro.

Dave (warbucks)

Rammer

Post by Rammer » 31 Aug 2018, 06:35

Hi Dave
Could have bought a dragon fly with what I’ve spent over time , but as you say some seem better than others and at that sort of money quality control seems non existent they should all be good!! I haven’t got Kevs modification because as yet ,hesitate to say this ,my drone has been ok , apart from when I first got it had the blue screen which Carl sorted,interesting that you are on the 820 ruby? I have black sun ii
Which Clive is kindly having a look at for me as it’s making high pitch noise and blinking after the shot , was wanting to reduce size of my current torch might ask Clive if I could purchase t50 torch body for my black sun ii pill , also Sirius xt sounds good but having done sunranger build myself years ago I wasnt blown away by it I understand things have moved on a bit in terms of driving these leds harder, just can’t make my mind up, just don’t want to waste anymore money
Regards Lee

Coling

Post by Coling » 31 Aug 2018, 21:56

I have the dragonfly that Dave is probably on about he has seen two very good examples mine and a another it really does light the drone up if anyone was wanting the best performance for the drone I’ve yet to be convinced there’s any thing to beat it

Coling

Post by Coling » 31 Aug 2018, 22:00

I probably should have mentioned that the first dragonfly I got from starlight was shi**te and sent it back as the quality control is shocking but persiverence is the key and get the right one and you’ll not look back

angrybear

Post by angrybear » 04 Sep 2018, 00:38

I recently picked up a Solaris Ovrlux laser off the bay for £80 & it's utterly superb, If the new SRX lasers are on a par or better get one.

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 04 Sep 2018, 14:59

Coling wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 21:56
I have the dragonfly that Dave is probably on about he has seen two very good examples mine and a another it really does light the drone up if anyone was wanting the best performance for the drone I’ve yet to be convinced there’s any thing to beat it

I too have a good Dragonfly for use with my Drone, but i have tried a DFK and i think it is better and also considerably better made.