Red led torch

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
Hungry hunter

Red led torch

Post by Hungry hunter » 22 Sep 2018, 14:59

Just wondering what's the best choice at the moment for an aspheric red pill torch? I have a nm800 with a red XPE2 pill from vinh guyen (V54) of candle power forums and find it great.
I have a friend looking for something similar, any recommendations?

Midnight.Sun

Re: Red led torch

Post by Midnight.Sun » 23 Sep 2018, 00:37

Your's is the best out there, only that it's throw can be extended by stepping it up with the bigger XSearcher head, the beam will be more tightly focused for sure.

SunRanger is an idea that can be done on a T20 torch by fitting a Yukon lens to it
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10617#p93827

fizzbangwhallop

Re: Red led torch

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 23 Sep 2018, 07:38

Midnight.Sun wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 00:37
Your's is the best out there, only that it's throw can be extended by stepping it up with the bigger XSearcher head, the beam will be more tightly focused for sure.

SunRanger is an idea that can be done on a T20 torch by fitting a Yukon lens to it
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10617#p93827
.....or a later TR38 torch. Unscrew the bezel, remove lens, screw in Ranger lens. :thumbup:

If the torch is 3 mode....unscrew the head section, unscrew the led pill, remove the thin O ring on the back of that, re-assemble. This stops the torch changing modes if/when the rear, moving, lens of the Ranger contacts the face of the pill.....I initialy went as far as turning back the face of the pill to overcome this but I think just removing the O ring will work. :thumbup:

Cheers
Fizz

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol: