Drone pro IR fogging

Flashlights, IR illuminators. Projects, reviews and queries. DIY 'stickies' here too.
andybrock

Drone pro IR fogging

Post by andybrock » 02 Oct 2018, 13:49

Went out last night and inadvertently left the Drones IR switched on for around 15 mins on full power, I then noticed it had fogged uo on the inside of the lens! Is this normal never had it before on the inside of a IR?
The IR is the original one that comes with the drone.
Cheers
Why have a sixpack when you can have a gallon?

warbucks

Re: Drone pro IR fogging

Post by warbucks » 03 Oct 2018, 10:37

Hi Andy.
Dont really think you will get many replies on this one -------main reason being most people will use better ? more powerful i/r's than the one's supplied with the Drone Pro -------as there performance didnt do the DP any justice.
A T20 with blacksun 1 pill -blacksun 2 pill, or a new type laser like the Solaris srx will transform your Drone Pro.

Dave (warbucks)

andybrock

Post by andybrock » 03 Oct 2018, 12:29

Thanks Dave.
Why have a sixpack when you can have a gallon?

Ttocs

Post by Ttocs » 03 Oct 2018, 15:27

Hi, I bought one of the last Drones earlier this year. It has the updated IR which is much better than my NM and AS Sunranger. If it’s fogging, there must be moisture in it that is condensing on the interface (the lense) between the hot inside and the cold outside.
If you remove the end cap and battery and stand all the bits somewhere warm to dry out thouroughly (I use the granite worktop next to the aga). Then let it cool somewhere dry (cool air holds less moisture than dry air) then pop the battery back in and seal it with the end cap. You’ll know you’ve dried it out as it won’t fog anymore.
Ttocs