NEW .22 cal, 25g, JSB pellet with HIGH BC

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
BIGJIM

NEW .22 cal, 25g, JSB pellet with HIGH BC

Postby BIGJIM » 16 Apr 2017, 12:48

HELLO
REF the Matt Dubber, FX CROWN video, from the IWA Show.

He talked about some newly developed, high BC, .22 cal pellet from JSB, weighing 25gn. (Also talked about on "airgun nation"). It is NOT the currently available JSB MONSTER or BEAST pellets. Same weight as monster , but totally redesigned shape, producing a very high BC.
Obviously an FAC pellet, designed to fly at 900-950 fps. It is meant to be a formidable long range (80-100 yrd), .22 cal, alternative to shooting the recently developed .25 cal jsb king (weight is the same).

ANYONE GOT ANY UPDATED INFO???

THANKS
JIM

BIGJIM

Re: NEW .22 cal, 25g, JSB pellet with HIGH BC

Postby BIGJIM » 22 Apr 2017, 02:00

HEY UP...
JUST FOUND THIS NEW INFO POSTED ON APRIL 19.

THEY ARE CALLED

JSB EXACT JUNBO MONSTER..."REDESIGNED" (PRINTED IN BLACK ON THE TIN LID)

AS PREVIOUSLY REPORTED... MEANT TO HAVE A VERY HIGH BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT. GOOD FOR PROBABLY 70-100+ YARDS/METERS! SIMILAR .25 CAL DOWN RANGE PERFORMANCE FROM .22 CAL. WILL NEED TO BE PROPELLED AT AROUND 900-950 FPS (MY GUESS).

THIS NEW "REDESIGNED" PELLET HAS BEEN DEVELOPED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE NEW GENERATION OF SMOOTH TWIST "X" BARRELS JUST ANOUNCED BY FX, INITALLY ANNOUNCED ON THE NEW CROWN RIFLE. (WILL ALSO BE SOLD SEPARATELY TO BE RETRO FITTED ON PREVIOUS SMOOTH TWIST BARRELS)
SO NOT ONLY CAN BARREL LINERS BE CHANGED OUT FOR A DIFFERENT CALIBRE, BUT ALSO CHANGED OUT FOR DIFFERENT ONES OF ALTERNATIVE TWIST RATE WITHIN EACH CALIBRE! (TO BETTER STABILIZE PELLETS OF DIFFERENT WEIGHT/LENGTH/SPEED FOR GREATER ACCURACY)
SO IN THEORY WILL BE ABLE TO MATCH A PARTICULAR PELLET TO A LINER OF A CERTAIN TWIST RATE TO SHOOT A BIGGER RANGE OF AMMO... ACCURATELY!...AT LONG RANGE!... AT HIGH POWER!

FX ARE GOING TO DO THE DONKEY WORK ON MATCHING UP IDEAL PELLET/LINER TWIST RATE COMBINATIONS, SO THERE IS NO TRIAL AND ERROR FOR THE END USER... APPARENTLY!

THANKS
JIM

stillair1

Postby stillair1 » 26 May 2017, 21:20

Sounds interesting, pushing the envelope with fac air. The only fly in the ointment over here is I think you'll need a variation for each different barrel liner. :roll:
I've got my eye on the crown .25, having had a go with a wildcat .25 recently. :thumbup:

Postby .270 » 19 Sep 2017, 09:27

Are these the pellets on Ebay, a chap is selling from Poland JSB .25 MK2 PELLETS

Disco_GT3

Postby Disco_GT3 » 19 Sep 2017, 17:09

I have some of the .25 Heavy MkIIs - the label on the tin is clearly marked "Mk II". Don't seem much different at 80 yards than the Mk Is, possibly a couple less flyers. Main bonus is they are fractionally shorter in OAL, so fit FX Impact mags without chavving off a very tin amount off the bottom of some pellet skirts whihc happens loading the old ones.

Return to “Air Rifle Central”