Combro Chrono

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
pickle
Stihl pickled

Combro Chrono

Post by pickle » 30 Mar 2016, 20:21

Hi Chaps, I use a Combro Chrono to test out my air rifles and I wondered if any of you did the same. Have made up an adapter from bits and pieces that is straight and true and adjustable and this will fit any barrel/shroud combination and the majority of silencers including SAK. Now today a chap in the trade has said to me he thought they were rubbish as well as the fold up jobbies with overhead curtain. This has miffed me a bit as he will only endorse the one's made in Essex. Well my Combro seems to work fine and it was within 10fps of the curtain jobbie when last on test. Never had any problems with mine but the fold up type did throw up a few error codes when battery low and was angle/height sensitive - but otherwise with new 9volt battery worked very well. Obviously a Combro is not the kit to use on a rimfire. Bit of an old chestnut this one. So, my local police armourer uses a Skan but not everyone can afford one of these, nor did my local club think it was necessary to buy one - quite apart from the fact that members couldn't be trusted not to shoot it up when one's back was turned. Just thought I would run this conundrum by you.
Last edited by pickle on 31 Mar 2016, 18:56, edited 2 times in total.

paulham

Re: Combro Chrono

Post by paulham » 30 Mar 2016, 20:55

I have the Combro Chrono with the cable for the computer. I also have the fold out chrono but i like the Combro Chrono much more.

So much easier to use and the computer program logs the shots so you can see the difference between shots.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 30 Mar 2016, 21:45

I'v got one knocking around, not used it for a while but i never wanted anythjng more for airguns
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

sharpshooter

Post by sharpshooter » 01 Apr 2016, 15:39

Hi, ive had the mk4 combro for a good while with no problems at all, ive also have the scan as well with the computer link for bench work and yes it is more accurate because it measures to a further decimal point but i wouldnt rush out to by a skan for that reason only, the combro is a good piece of kit. Cheers Trevor.

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 03 Apr 2016, 17:21

I would like to take your replies as approbation but your near approval is enough to say the Combro works well enough and should not be dismissed. I can well understand that a business repairing and servicing air rifles does not want to be attaching a Combro for every try out and would therefore use a Skan or other proprietary Chrono. Don't have a problem with that but I think that some proper credence should be afforded to casual users like myself who need or indeed ought to be keeping an eye on power levels with the aid of an affordable easy to fit/use and reasonably accurate chronograph. Obviously the Combro has its foibles and in my view a better mount system might be desirable but the 'fit' does not detract from the accuracy in my experience. The Combro gets my vote and thank you sharpshooter, sunndog and paulham for your input.

rapid7008500

Post by rapid7008500 » 04 Apr 2016, 12:53

Nothing wrong with Combro IMHO

I've used mine with a piece of clear acetate rolled up to protect the sensors and shot the rimfire through it. This advice was offered by the people that manufacture is (for occasional use).

Cheers

Kevin

Manthing

Post by Manthing » 09 Jul 2016, 22:48

Did try and get a crombo but non of the local shops wanted owt to do with them???
Hate buying stuff on line when I've never seen it, a replacement is fine but not sight unseen.
Ended up with a Caldwell chrono, does the job and everything cept batteries are in the bag.
In my opinion because it up to the user to stay below the 12ftlb limit, said user has to take all reasonable measures to ensure they stay within the law. If the gun shops don't want to sell them that sets of alarms in my head, rightly or wrongly.
Not saying that there's anything wrong with the crombo per say but I did read about a lot of people shooting them up :o and as a quick indicator they'd go ok, but remember, 10fps is all it takes for your gun to go from airgun to firearm
Being a chap that is on the tools, I was always advised to purchase the best I could afford , so if your rig cost £1k+ I personally don't think that around £150 is a lot to give you piece of mind.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 09 Jul 2016, 22:57

I used a combro for a good while - and shot one up because I'd forgot to adjust its height when moving it to a wider sound mod. My silly mistake and a new clamp doesn't cost much.

acanais46

Post by acanais46 » 08 May 2017, 11:47

sharpshooter wrote:Hi, ive had the mk4 combro for a good while with no problems at all, ive also have the scan as well with the computer link for bench work and yes it is more mutuelles TNS accurate because it measures to a further decimal point but i wouldnt rush out to by a skan for that reason only , the combro is a good piece of kit. Cheers Trevor.
You were lucky, I never could find it because too difficult. If not, you can send us some links.

jrn

Post by jrn » 08 May 2017, 14:24

pickle wrote:I would like to take your replies as approbation but your near approval is enough to say the Combro works well enough and should not be dismissed. I can well understand that a business repairing and servicing air rifles does not want to be attaching a Combro for every try out and would therefore use a Skan or other proprietary Chrono. Don't have a problem with that but I think that some proper credence should be afforded to casual users like myself who need or indeed ought to be keeping an eye on power levels with the aid of an affordable easy to fit/use and reasonably accurate chronograph. Obviously the Combro has its foibles and in my view a better mount system might be desirable but the 'fit' does not detract from the accuracy in my experience. The Combro gets my vote and thank you sharpshooter, sunndog and paulham for your input.
The Combro Mk 4 is indeed reasonably accurate and the firm is second to non for after sales service I also have the Skan so I know it is reasonably accurate and it also gets my vote . :thumbup: