Pellet Trouble?

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
Cottis

Re: Pellet Trouble?

Post by Cottis » 19 Sep 2016, 11:52

pickle wrote:Throw that shroud away and cast your own pellets. Mine all go through the same hole at 100yds.

I'll make the shroud, with my thread and needle.

No thanks. Mine also shot thru the same hole (at 35yards, mine is a 12ft lbs rifle, lord knows what you are using to shoot one hole groups at 100yrds) before being fed a diet of utter tripe. All back to normal now, shroud or no shroud

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 19 Sep 2016, 13:00

Cottis man, just teasing you a bit in a light hearted manner. Teasel (Dipsacus) used in raising a nap on cloth or in some cases used to comb wool in to an orderly fashion. I really do not cast mine own pellets but I have cast a few away - notably from a batch of Air Arms 18 grain pellets - average weight per 10 weighed, 18.1 grains. I think you need a hug. You must not believe everything you read on forums or in magazines or newspapers or indeed hear on the BBC. However, I believe everything I read in National Geographic Magazine - American journos with stone balls - whoa. Oh and I cannot get my pellets through the same hole at 100yds, truth is I can't even get them through the same hole at 15yds.

I'll make the shroud, with my thread and needle
Last edited by pickle on 19 Sep 2016, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

Cottis

Post by Cottis » 19 Sep 2016, 14:37

pickle wrote:Cottis man, just teasing you a bit in a light hearted manner. Teasel (Dipsacus) used in raising a nap on cloth or in some cases used to comb wool in to an orderly fashion. I really do not cast mine own pellets but I have cast a few away - notably from a batch of Air Arms 18 grain pellets - average weight per 10 weighed, 18.1 grains. I think you need a hug. You must not believe everything you read on forums or in magazines or newspapers or indeed hear on the BBC. However, I believe everything I read in National Geographic Magazine - American journos with stone balls. Oh and I cannot get my pellets through the same hole at 100yds, truth is I can't even get them through the same hole at 15yds.

Are you ok? I think i will pass on the hug. Just got a notification thru about a response on what i thought was a serious thread about air gun pellets. Apologies if i do not get your sense of humour.

I post on forums when i have something to say. When i want a hug, i turn to my girlfriend. Not to say that yours are not awesome and infinitely more bear like than hers. Who knows.

The BBC can kiss my posteria.

I'll make the shroud, with my thread and needle

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 19 Sep 2016, 20:28

the bbc will think your too old to kiss your posteria? just a though like

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

Cottis

Post by Cottis » 20 Sep 2016, 05:41

snoopy wrote:the bbc will think your too old to kiss your posteria? just a though like

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Will they? I guess it is fortunate that i suggested they can plant a smacker on it and not me. I admit, i would struggle.

Just a thought, like.

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 20 Sep 2016, 07:32

:lol:
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 17 Oct 2016, 01:48

regarding the original post, i had a simmilar issue with a tin of AA's.. turned out to be a duff tin, or theyd labelled the 51's as 52's..

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 17 Oct 2016, 13:09

Snoopy man, bought some Air Arms Diablo Field Heavy 18 grainers in a batch some years back for an FAC .22 and the tins (some) were damaged upon receipt as were a percentage of pellets. Anyway, Uttings were happy to send me some new replacement tins but wanted a photo - fair enough, so, and they did - recommend them. I used a lot of these at an indoor range and even though the skirts were a bit ragged/fragile/thin they were still pretty/very accurate at 26yds. However i did have to flatten all of those used (skirtwise)on a steel block to my satifaction - only binning a few. Now I later bought some AA 16 grainers from the local pellet man and the skirts were very good not needing any flattening - weight per 10 pellets averaging @ 15.9 grains. Bought some Air Arms Diablo Field 5.52 16 grainers this weekend and the skirts are not so good, average weight per batch of five x10 pellets weighed = anywhere from 15.85grains to 15.94 grains. This last batch of 16 grainer 22's being £14.99 per tin so @ 2.98 pence each. The latest over the counter 17HMR's sell for @ 30 pence a round - so a pellet being approximately one tenth the price of a 17 round. My beef has always been quality and the general lack of it with some kit and also the lack of interest and support from the various magazines whom promote this stuff. Can't remember the likes of Terry Doe mentioning the vexing issue of Czechoslovakian pellet quality - however I'm sure he doe's. I reckon 3p a hit is expensive enough for the Czechs to get it right or should we be getting them from the US of A just for a change. That reminds me how come the yanks suddenly own IOR scopes and we can't get them?
Last edited by pickle on 14 Nov 2016, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 20 Oct 2016, 17:15

i chuckwd nearly half of two tins and was about to not bother buying any more when some insisted i tried the lesser ones..ermmm i carried on using them after woulds lol.. they were a soft enough skirt that they shaped to the barrel np's at 12fp.. edge of a coin 3 out of five at 50m good enough..

Jimmzy1

Post by Jimmzy1 » 15 Nov 2016, 06:37

Buy a hw100 :lol: