Shrouded Out

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
pickle
Stihl pickled

Shrouded Out

Post by pickle » 22 Aug 2016, 18:54

Expose your barrel, bin that shroud and expose that spagetti tube in hiding. Did Theoben have barrel shrouds - course not and look what happened to them. As the strange lady said - how many rabbits can you carry - now where did I hear that remark recently? Lighten your load and burn that bra ral and feel liberated. Make an adaptor, shrink it on (your barrel) and fit your fave moddy and you will never suffer another clipped tube. Shrouds are for sissies and posers, oh and marketing chaps who know how you think about holes in sleeves. Be a man or a girl of brave heart and take it off.
Last edited by pickle on 04 Sep 2016, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

wade

Re: Shrouded Out

Post by wade » 23 Aug 2016, 06:22

SAVE THE SHROUD !!!

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 23 Aug 2016, 07:40

All hail the shroud!

stacka

Post by stacka » 23 Aug 2016, 08:13

You broke the grub screw on your shroud then?

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 23 Aug 2016, 10:34

No, no, and no I have never broken a grub screw. Well wade, my dad once set fire to a big tent at Symonds Yat - it very nearly became a shroud. If my suspicions are right then some bloke must be part Druid which is why his creations are shrouded in mystique. My first Daystate Air Ranger (way back) used to clip the adaptor and or the moddy attached to the shroud. I complained to Daystate (pre Belas), the MD never bothered to reply and Daystate was sold on. Took it all off, made an adaptor to fit the barrel and never looked back. When I came to sell the gun the chap wanted the shroud put back on - no problem and he never had any either - so he said! My Air Wolf was notorious for clipping the adaptor and/or silencer and occasionally the chrono tube, so I took it off - that is kind of a long story though. So stacka I hate grub screws and loathe and detest barrel shrouds for what they are. I leave this thought with you all. How can a barrel that supports a shroud be called free floating (or semi free floating as journos call it). Either a woman is pregnant or she isn't - how can she be a bit pregnant.

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 23 Aug 2016, 12:07

Dave is a Sith Lord. Listen to his videos for a clue. :P

stacka

Post by stacka » 23 Aug 2016, 12:17

So your saying that shrouds are as pointless as this thread?

Ok gotcha

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 23 Aug 2016, 12:30

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

Its the shoulder thing that goes up.

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 23 Aug 2016, 13:05

Depends on one's point of view and how close one is to the manufacturer. Shrouds for the most part are purely cosmetic, a bit like the can one hangs off the end of a full bore. Cans only change the signature of the muzzle blast in the same way shrouds change the profile of an air rifle and generally alter the poi of both. Krauts don't generally use cans. Shrouds can definately attenuate the muzzle blast of a pre-charged no question. However this is not the general premise of my post. Shrouds add that element of mystique to the design concept. Fortunately plod hasn't seen fit to legislate on shrouds nor brief the Home Office - yet. Now that the posturing, lisping make up queen is getting her way in Scotland god help us and yous. Imagine having to get a variation on a pre-charged barrel shroud.
Last edited by pickle on 23 Aug 2016, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 23 Aug 2016, 14:58

All hail pregnant shrouds! :D