Shrouded Out

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
sikapup

Re: Shrouded Out

Post by sikapup » 23 Aug 2016, 15:36

shrouds lives matter :thumbup:

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 23 Aug 2016, 16:17

Hi Radagast, had a look at the YT link for 'the shoulder thing that goes up' and the misinformation ignorance and inference are appalling. I'm told that truth and lies are as lilies upon the same pond. So why does the media generally pedal lies - except FOXX NEWS America of course. I love you guys, and your comments just keep me going. As for Lord Sith, I keep imagining some bloke in a Toga and then I wake up. I heard there was a secret cult inner circle here that makes the dark into light, the night into day. Whoa.

Who'll make the shroud, I said the beetle, with my thread and needle, I'll make the shroud.
Last edited by pickle on 23 Aug 2016, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 23 Aug 2016, 16:33

pickle wrote:Hi Radagast, had a look at the YT link for 'the shoulder thing that goes up' and the misinformation ignorance and inference are appalling. I'm told that truth and lies are as lilies upon the same pond. So why does the media generally pedal lies - except FOXX America of course. I love you guys, and your comments just keep me going. As for Lord Sith, I keep imagining some bloke in a Toga and then I wake up. I heard there was a secret cult inner circle here that makes the dark into light, the night into day. Whoa.

Who'll make the shroud, I said the beetle, with my thread and needle, I'll make the shroud.

There is, but it's shrouded in secrecy :o

OK, I'll get my coat on the way out :oops:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 23 Aug 2016, 17:38

Pickle, unfortunately the spell for turning dark into light requires sacrificing the ego of a BBS mod. Thats why most of us are banned from there.
Never trust a Fox, even if its a TV channel. They just tell a different set of lies.

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 23 Aug 2016, 18:50

Hang on Radii, have got to think about your latest post, thinking not being my greatest forte. Have heard of BBS and am i right in thinking a chap called T' Doh runs it. Apparently this guy has a Titanium spine transplant and bends not in any wind.

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 23 Aug 2016, 19:10

pickle wrote:Hang on Radii, have got to think about your latest post, thinking not being my greatest forte. Have heard of BBS and am i right in thinking a chap called T' Doh runs it. Apparently this guy has a Titanium spine transplant and bends not in any wind.

That's the one, but if you treat him like the God he thinks he is you're a member for life :thumbup: Just don't forget to courtesy every time you meet him :lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 23 Aug 2016, 20:24

I think that sikapup's last post is probably the most complex paradox ever to have graced a forum and in essence should be sent to the BBS Forum for a standard translation. I stand in awe. I have no idea what the chaps on the BBS forum stand in - mostly.

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 24 Aug 2016, 00:35

Wading pools while wearing gumbies, a cloth cap and holding a rubber ducky mostly.

Don't knock titanium spine implants, I have one.

wade

Post by wade » 24 Aug 2016, 06:04

hey pickle i think i may of seen the flames from the tent from my place or it may of been women holding a bra burning evening the shroud works great on my fx wildcat i dont need to have a moderator on it so it keeps the length down and im afraid i am going to have to disagree with a can being a waste of time on a big bore to my 30-06 groups a lot better with a can on and calms it down plus when im letting fly at boar with it at 3 in the morning you dont start seeing everyone turning their house lights on within a 2 mile radius

SAVE THE SHROUD !!
SAVE THE CAN !!

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 24 Aug 2016, 10:16

Hi Radagast, in my day they used to 'fuse' vertibrae somehow, now it seems the world has moved on to Titanium transplant inserts. I know that Ti' is basically a sintered end product and I think that Australia has some mineral deposits - if I remember right. You certainly have Uranium and i hope your people are sensible and caring enough to keep it in the ground. Trouble is politicians are usually greedy avaricious bastards who don't give a toss about the environment. Still your whiteys don't own it - yet. Am pleased that you and Terry Doe have something in common but do you also have that funny upturned left hand. In all seriousness I'm pleased that technology has moved on and wish you and Tel all the best.
Wade, I doubt you are old enough to have seen 'the flames', that was about 1961 ish. i mostly like the engineering inside FX's and the last and only FX Gladiator i rebuilt had rather lovely sintered valve seat inserts - possibly Titanium. What a git to rebuild though. My feeling is (having studied the subject matter a bit) that some shrouds are better executed than others. I think that the point I was making was that Daystate engineering in that area had/was at best been underwhelming and rather an afterthought - what one cannot see you see (inside a shroud) and banking that the owner would be in ignorance and fearful of removing said shroud to investigate, in some cases, the rather poor engineering solution. I note with my current Wolverine that some attention has now been paid to the vexed issue of 'hanging' shrouds. I think there is no doubt (whilst I'm serious) that, mostly, a decently executed shroud will not 'interfere' with the pellet but does change the poi so is in fact a design compromise. This has not always been the case in the past as I know to my cost. I will just add here that the most accurate Air Rifle I ever owned or used was a Daystate Air Wolf FAC MVT/MCT? .22. Alas it did not work at all well with the shroud attached and I was compelled by circumstances to 'fix' it. Now i believe Daystate have in fact 'fixed' it.
Now hopefully i did not say that cans are a total waste of time and as you say may even give one a better grouping. It is such a minefield and you probably 'load your own' rounds. My brief was to infer that like AR shrouds you could live without yours. There is no doubt that most AR's look cosmetically much more attractive with a big fat shroud. In truth I have no experience with full bore cans only RF mods - they work really well with subsonic loads. As a flash arrestor cans work. Do snipers use them or just muzzle brakes. The jury is out but i wish you all the very best wiith your kit and those porkers.