Windage

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
hairyyoda

Re: Windage

Post by hairyyoda » 25 Sep 2016, 18:54

Well Alfie my kindred spirit :roll: , you lost me half way through the start of your second paragraph :oops: this middle Essex jumbled dialect that you are trying to master has got me well and truly beat, stumped and bereft of any hope of understanding "it does not readily translated into any commonly known local language format ??? :wtf:
Your not always right but on this occasion you have played a blinder and surpassed yourself into the record book :thumbup: Keep up the good work of torturing your brain cells with the useful knowledge that Mr Smith is willing to impart and share with you and I am sure that everything will become crystal clear and nearly lucid with the right amount and a increased frequency of the prescribed doses of your favourite medication :thumbup:
I have great hopes that you have "grit" and a "steely" determination to succeed in your quest for an abundance of "air rifle knowledge"
:wave: Phil :thumbup:

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 25 Sep 2016, 19:29

I think you may find that barrel length is a trade off of accuracy v drag. It stands to reason that a longer barrel WILL improve accuracy through pellet stabilisation (but probably by a minuscule amount after a given length) but due to friction the pellet will get slower and slower, until after a certain barrel length it will just come to a standstill in the barrel. The air volume needed to overcome this would be just too big, and if do-able then you still have the problem of getting the air into the rifle quickly enough.

And, if everyone is using relatively standard barrel lengths, then why go longer. It's probably easier to practise shooting than carry a 15 ft rifle about :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 25 Sep 2016, 20:22

Hairyyoda, it is my sad duty to inform you that Mr. Smith passed on and the contents of his emporium scattered to the four winds. I hope that Mr. Smith's spirit travelled on to the Great Pavilion at Bisley - his second home. Now, it may be that you are at a disadvantage when interpreting languages since English may not have been your first language and further learning English may well have been forced upon you - one can only regret if you have been disadvantaged thus. Left handed children were always placed at the back of the class but there is no evidence to suggest they were any the less intuitive although it is said that some did in fact slip through the net and never again recognised their right hand. And it came to pass there was Gog and Magog.

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 25 Sep 2016, 22:35

Alfie my old mucka :wtf:
You have got the wrong Gog & Magog, you need to be reading up on >>>>
The Mabinogion (/ˌmæbəˈnoʊɡiən/; Welsh pronunciation: [mabɪˈnɔɡjɔn]) are the earliest prose literature of Britain. The stories were compiled in the 12th–13th centuries from earlier oral traditions by medieval Welsh authors. The two main source manuscripts were created c. 1350–1410, as well as some earlier fragments. But beyond their origins, first and foremost these are fine quality storytelling, offering high drama, philosophy, romance, tragedy, fantasy, sensitivity, and humour; refined through long development by skilled performers.

The title covers a collection of eleven prose stories of widely different types. There is a classic hero quest: Culhwch and Olwen. Historic legend in Lludd and Llefelys glimpses a far off age, and other tales portray a very different King Arthur than the later popular versions do. The highly sophisticated complexity of the Four Branches of the Mabinogi defy categorisation. The list is so diverse a leading scholar has challenged them as a true collection at all.[1]

Early scholars from the 18th century to the 1970s predominantly viewed the tales as fragmentary pre-Christian Celtic mythology,[2] or in terms of international folklore.[3] There are certainly traces of mythology, and folklore components, but since the 1970s[4] an understanding of the integrity of the tales has developed, with investigation of their plot structures, characterisation, and language styles. They are now seen as a sophisticated narrative tradition, both oral and written, with ancestral construction from oral storytelling, [5] and overlay from Anglo-French influences.

The first modern publications were English translations of several tales by William Owen Pughe in journals 1795, 1821, 1829.[6] However it was Lady Charlotte Guest 1838 -45 who first published the full collection, and bilingually in both Welsh and English.

Alfie you will have to explain to me how being left handed has disadvantaged any competent and determined person ?

http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/bei ... fWJ51.dpbs

http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html

and Bart Simpson is left handed and could also be Welsh by default as well ??? :thumbup:

Phil