New rifle

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
User avatar
jdk1
Posts: 1942
Joined: 13 Aug 2012, 17:11
Location: west kingsdown kent

New rifle

Post by jdk1 » 15 Jan 2017, 09:39

Due to getting a new permission (a shooting club believe it or not :shock: ) where some areas are not really suitable for .22lr or hmr i have been and bought a .177 hw100k sporter , over the years i have had a few air rifles aas400 , aas410 fac and many springers since i was a youngster but this hw is in a totally different class , its seriously quiet and extremely accurate , i sighted it in at 34 yards and managed to get a mags worth (14) pellets through a hole you could cover with a 5p piece (rested) :shock: , they are not cheap to buy but they are so good they even make me look like a good shot :lol:

User avatar
rodp
A bad influence
Posts: 4159
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 22:49
Location: The Black Country

Re: New rifle

Post by rodp » 15 Jan 2017, 09:47

Never tried one but my AA 400 does that. To be honest I think nowadays with all the leading brands it's more a case of what fits you best than the accuracy of a particular rifle. I think there's very little in it with regard to one being more accurate than another. If one particular rifle just "feels right" and you think it's the best then you shoot it better.
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

User avatar
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER
Posts: 7470
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Cornwall or Leicester

Re: New rifle

Post by some bloke » 15 Jan 2017, 09:59

I have to agree about how quiet the HW is, much more than my FAC BTAS FX Cyclone.
Image

User avatar
jdk1
Posts: 1942
Joined: 13 Aug 2012, 17:11
Location: west kingsdown kent

Re: New rifle

Post by jdk1 » 15 Jan 2017, 11:07

rodp wrote:Never tried one but my AA 400 does that. To be honest I think nowadays with all the leading brands it's more a case of what fits you best than the accuracy of a particular rifle. I think there's very little in it with regard to one being more accurate than another. If one particular rifle just "feels right" and you think it's the best then you shoot it better.
You are probably right mate but its been a long time since i used a pop gun for more than buggering about in the garden and keeping the magpie numbers down so i am like a kid with a new toy at the moment :mrgreen:

blueroll
Posts: 620
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 20:34
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon.

Re: New rifle

Post by blueroll » 15 Jan 2017, 15:24

jdk1 wrote:Due to getting a new permission (a shooting club believe it or not :shock: ) where some areas are not really suitable for .22lr or hmr i have been and bought a .177 hw100k sporter , over the years i have had a few air rifles aas400 , aas410 fac and many springers since i was a youngster but this hw is in a totally different class , its seriously quiet and extremely accurate , i sighted it in at 34 yards and managed to get a mags worth (14) pellets through a hole you could cover with a 5p piece (rested) :shock: , they are not cheap to buy but they are so good they even make me look like a good shot :lol:
That`s interesting thanks as I have been looking at magazine .177 air rifles for ratting. What pellets was that using please ?

User avatar
jdk1
Posts: 1942
Joined: 13 Aug 2012, 17:11
Location: west kingsdown kent

Re: New rifle

Post by jdk1 » 15 Jan 2017, 15:49

blueroll wrote:
jdk1 wrote:Due to getting a new permission (a shooting club believe it or not :shock: ) where some areas are not really suitable for .22lr or hmr i have been and bought a .177 hw100k sporter , over the years i have had a few air rifles aas400 , aas410 fac and many springers since i was a youngster but this hw is in a totally different class , its seriously quiet and extremely accurate , i sighted it in at 34 yards and managed to get a mags worth (14) pellets through a hole you could cover with a 5p piece (rested) :shock: , they are not cheap to buy but they are so good they even make me look like a good shot :lol:
That`s interesting thanks as I have been looking at magazine .177 air rifles for ratting. What pellets was that using please ?

Thats using jsb exact 4.52's

blueroll
Posts: 620
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 20:34
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon.

Re: New rifle

Post by blueroll » 15 Jan 2017, 16:28

jdk1 wrote:
blueroll wrote:
jdk1 wrote:Due to getting a new permission (a shooting club believe it or not :shock: ) where some areas are not really suitable for .22lr or hmr i have been and bought a .177 hw100k sporter , over the years i have had a few air rifles aas400 , aas410 fac and many springers since i was a youngster but this hw is in a totally different class , its seriously quiet and extremely accurate , i sighted it in at 34 yards and managed to get a mags worth (14) pellets through a hole you could cover with a 5p piece (rested) :shock: , they are not cheap to buy but they are so good they even make me look like a good shot :lol:
That`s interesting thanks as I have been looking at magazine .177 air rifles for ratting. What pellets was that using please ?

Thats using jsb exact 4.52's
Thanks.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY
Posts: 4653
Joined: 09 May 2012, 14:40
Location: Aberdeen

Re: New rifle

Post by phoenix » 09 Feb 2018, 12:45

Lindaron wrote:Can anyone recommend a Air Rifle Club in the Tayside/Perthshire area of Scotland, or a range where I can go along and zero and use my Daystates for a bit of Target practice etc?
You location says Switzerland, and you're looking for an air rifle club in Tayside/Perthshire :?:

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

User avatar
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 6441
Joined: 10 Jun 2012, 17:51
Location: buxton, derbyshire

Re: New rifle

Post by sunndog » 09 Feb 2018, 17:38

phoenix wrote:
Lindaron wrote:Can anyone recommend a Air Rifle Club in the Tayside/Perthshire area of Scotland, or a range where I can go along and zero and use my Daystates for a bit of Target practice etc?
You location says Switzerland, and you're looking for an air rifle club in Tayside/Perthshire :?:

Cheers

Bruce
He also thought he upgraded the forum for us :lol:

He's gone now......
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY
Posts: 4653
Joined: 09 May 2012, 14:40
Location: Aberdeen

Re: New rifle

Post by phoenix » 09 Feb 2018, 18:10

Seems like the right thing to do - well done :thumbup:

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Post Reply