BSA R-10

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
chas
Banned again

BSA R-10

Post by chas » 07 May 2017, 08:15

Looking for a new PCP and have taken a fancy to an R-10, but heard reports they are a bit loud. Is this the case even with supplied mod fitted? Thanks.
The tool driving this vehicle is removed at night. Sometimes.

pete65

Re: BSA R-10

Post by pete65 » 07 May 2017, 20:49

I had an r10 and loved it. With a half decent moderator they are pretty much silent. The shroud is as much use as a chocolate teapot when it comes to noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chas
Banned again

Post by chas » 07 May 2017, 21:12

Thanks for that Pete.
I do have a Weihrauch silencer so not a problem.
On a side, this air rifle market is a minefield.
I got rid of my PCP's some time back, swore blind I'd never go down that route again and bought an HW-97K to be free of the dive tank/pump saga, bad decision.

dz0rpw

Post by dz0rpw » 08 May 2017, 06:41

I have an R10 (mk2) and can confirm there is some noise (hammer spring) when shot. Much much less than a normal springer but not like the HW100 which just goes 'click'. Great rifle, can hit new 5p at 35yrds over and over again.
Stay away from mk1's as they had issues with the regulators but the mk2 I have has been great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chas
Banned again

Post by chas » 08 May 2017, 17:15

dz0rpw wrote:I have an R10 (mk2) and can confirm there is some noise (hammer spring) when shot. Much much less than a normal springer but not like the HW100 which just goes 'click'. Great rifle, can hit new 5p at 35yrds over and over again.
Stay away from mk1's as they had issues with the regulators but the mk2 I have has been great.
Thanks, it's this noise thing that's my main concern, I know I can get away from it by buying different rifles but also want a high shot count which in my mind means a bottle and not a tube so the R-10 would suit my needs.
I would love an FX Impact, the adjustable power would also be useful but just can't warrant spending silly money for the sake of an ego trip, it's twice the price and a bit, but it is nice. :thumbup:

Thanks again.

Chris.

jrn

Post by jrn » 08 May 2017, 17:53

chas wrote:
dz0rpw wrote:I have an R10 (mk2) and can confirm there is some noise (hammer spring) when shot. Much much less than a normal springer but not like the HW100 which just goes 'click'. Great rifle, can hit new 5p at 35yrds over and over again.
Thanks, it's this noise thing that's my main concern, I know I can get away from it by buying different rifles but also want a high shot count which in my mind means a bottle and not a tube so the R-10 would suit my needs.
I would love an FX Impact, the adjustable power would also be useful but just can't warrant spending silly money for the sake of an ego trip, it's twice the price and a bit, but it is nice. :thumbup:

Thanks again.

Chris.
A friend of mine just got a R10 Mk 2 in walnut .177 with a Bushnell Elite 4.5 30 x 50 a very nice gun I was shooting it yesterday only at 25 yrds but one whole groups all day long he could not believe it and very quit I was very impressed . :thumbup:

dz0rpw

Post by dz0rpw » 08 May 2017, 21:07

chas wrote:

Thanks again.

Chris.
Hi Chris,

I wouldn't be concerned about the sound...it's different to my brother in laws HW100 but then he makes more sound getting up and recharging his gun which I don't have to do as often as I can get about 180 shots from a charge (.22). You only notice the sound because your ear is so close to the hammer spring. At arms length (when clearing the gun before storing) you can't hear it. Best advice would be to pop into a shop and test it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

villaman

Post by villaman » 10 May 2017, 20:36

The regs are still a problem , my mate had a R10 and the first 15 shots came out hitting low , changed the reg, one of XTX AIR reg and now perfect
Noise comes from the hammer and it is noisy at night time

chas
Banned again

Post by chas » 11 May 2017, 18:36

Sorry for the delay in replying, been busy.
Thanks for the replies, I'm thinking I really need to be at the blunt end of one to have a go, can't afford to get it wrong.
Don't fancy having to spend even more money on a new rifle to get it to shoot right but even then still a huge amount cheaper than the one I would really like, but to be honest can't warrant.
Wish I'd kept my Daystates now.

Thanks again.

Chris.

Cottis

Post by Cottis » 11 May 2017, 18:50

Even if it costs more, i would have to recommend daystate or air arms. Consistent, accurate and most importantly robust.

My S510 has done at least 10,000 rounds without any sign of failure whatsoever. I pump it up in a minute with a modern pump and have never needed anywhere close to the 70 odd shots it gives.

I used to have an S16 by logun with mega shot capacity for rats but that had leaky issues and was too heavy and not particularly accurate IMHO.

S510 or a Huntsman for me everytime