where do you get your air tank refilled ?

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
Scotch egg

Re: where do you get your air tank refilled ?

Post by Scotch egg » 28 Nov 2015, 20:32

nevadacowboy wrote:I use Go Dive at Spondon in Derbyshire. 7ltr cylinder 300bar = £4.00. They also sell new and used air rifles and accessories.
Are they as grumpy to you as they are to me?

I honestly can't understand them.

Still probably the best cylinders in the uk. Shame no one I can find fills under water to keep tanks cool.

dunker

Post by dunker » 11 Dec 2015, 15:41

Frogs born
Manor lane
Mancot Industrial Estate
Deeside
N Wales,
3litre 300bar £4. 00. Also does Hydrostatic testing £30. 00.

Mk3HuntsmanSam

Post by Mk3HuntsmanSam » 18 Dec 2015, 22:09

Jc scuba in Swindon seem fair on their testing but not the cheapest on the refills.
They test bottles onsite and have a quick turn around

Unit 2 Scuderia House
Newcombe Drive
Hawksworth Trading Estate
SWINDON
Wiltshire
SN2 1EG

01793 423 363
07795 371 669

PAUL HES

Post by PAUL HES » 20 Jan 2016, 17:08

Hi guys ,if you live near me I fill mine up from a compressor I bought for the job
I live in dorset bh21 area I charge £4 BUT money goes to the British Heart foundation as I have been a customer twice ,but unfortunately cant help me any more ,so if your near I can do 232 bar max
please get in touch

Jonboig

Post by Jonboig » 09 Apr 2016, 01:18

I live in Kent and use dive machine Tonbridge £6 for 12litre takes 5 mins spot on
bang and the rabbit is gone

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 07 May 2016, 17:25

I asked how much it would be for a re-fill when I collected my 10l tank from Hydroactive in Letchworth after it was tested this week.... £3 :thumbup: The tank was a visual inspection test this time.....£35. Tanks are sent on Thursdays, back the following Thursday.

Bought a load of .177 & .22 pellets and a couple of AirArms SL510 mags in Sundon Model shop on the outskirts of Luton last Monday... proudly showed me his compressor..... £6. (Don't think so... Letchworth is a lot closer to me )

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 30 May 2016, 10:29

PCP's are a pain. They leak, they don't regulate properly (usually), they are not cheap and if you have a 300 litre bottle you will be lucky if you get 280 litres at a hot refill. I bet none of you has a gauge to check what your given (no I don't either). Trusting lot aren't we! Your filler dealer chap probably uses an Italian compressor that will break down periodically and he can't get the spares for it and does not keep any in stock cos he doesn't know how to fix it anyway. My chap has the mechanical sympathy of a refuse technician but I do trust them to empty the bins - see what I mean. If you are fac then you are best off with PCP otherwise my next 12fp will be a springer in .177. Eight quid now for a refill by the way to pay for the ailing foreign compressor. On the plus side the chap at Stafford Custom Rifles is a good man who can repair/service your Daystate regulator for a decent price and knows his stuff. He gets my vote of confidence. However this does not help when one runs out of air - my wife wishes. How many airgun dealer boys do you know that can fill your tank - well? Your pcp is like me, fast becoming a dinosaur that no one wants to feed.

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 30 May 2016, 17:37

What's wrong with a decent stirrup pump :lol: get a proper rifle and you can service the Reg yourself :thumbup:

Although i still have my faithful Airsporter

Cottis

Post by Cottis » 30 May 2016, 18:12

Kevgun wrote:What's wrong with a decent stirrup pump :lol: get a proper rifle and you can service the Reg yourself :thumbup:

Although i still have my faithful Airsporter
My thoughts exactly. I have owned Daystate, Air Arms and Loguns with varying sizes of cylinders and buddy bottles. All of them I have filled myself using my own steam. Never had an issue and shot countless tins and tins and tins of pellets through them all. I could never be arsed battying around with bottles and gauges and servicing. Pumps are really good nowadays, much better than when I first started shooting PCP's yrs back.

Cottis

Post by Cottis » 30 May 2016, 18:22

pickle wrote:PCP's are a pain. They leak, they don't regulate properly (usually), they are not cheap and if you have a 300 litre bottle you will be lucky if you get 280 litres at a hot refill. I bet none of you has a gauge to check what your given (no I don't either). Trusting lot aren't we! Your filler dealer chap probably uses an Italian compressor that will break down periodically and he can't get the spares for it and does not keep any in stock cos he doesn't know how to fix it anyway. My chap has the mechanical sympathy of a refuse technician but I do trust them to empty the bins - see what I mean. If you are fac then you are best off with PCP otherwise my next 12fp will be a springer in .177. Eight quid now for a refill by the way to pay for the ailing foreign compressor. On the plus side the chap at Stafford Custom Rifles is a good man who can repair/service your Daystate regulator for a decent price and knows his stuff. He gets my vote of confidence. However this does not help when one runs out of air - my wife wishes. How many airgun dealer boys do you know that can fill your tank - well? Your pcp is like me, fast becoming a dinosaur that no one wants to feed.
This is the funniest thing I have read in ages. Assume you are looking for a reaction as any experienced air rifle shooter knows that PCP's are by far away more accurate, more reliable and more efficient at dispatching quarry out to distances that exceed the safe operating limit of a springer by 20yrds. Springers are good fun in the back garden but I would not trust one to serve my rabbit needs at the range I shoot.

As for the charging stuff. Each to their own but just buy a pump. They are so well made nowadays that I don't even get out of breath pumping mine up. Mind you, even if I did, it would be good for me. PCP's revolutionised my shooting some 15yrs back and I would never go backwards. I want the best thing that ensures I can hit a drawing pin at the furthest yardage possible. In that respect, you will not beat a .177 PCP in benign conditions. When the wind blows, I stop home or grab the rimfire. You should use the best tool for the job