Help me make a decision please.

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
chas
Banned again

Help me make a decision please.

Post by chas » 07 Apr 2014, 21:24

I'm sick of getting air bottles filled and all the pratting about associated with PCP's, so I've decided I need a decent springer just for knocking pigeons out of shed roofs.
So far I'm looking at either a TX200 carbine or an HW97K.
What would be your preference and why ????
The tool driving this vehicle is removed at night. Sometimes.

AirRifleSport

Re: Help me make a decision please.

Post by AirRifleSport » 07 Apr 2014, 22:28

I would also be happy with the two mentioned above. :thumbup:
...the doctor said that I need to do gentle exercise... I said to him that I already did... trigger squeezing!

Pasty

Post by Pasty » 08 Apr 2014, 06:08

Don't know about the tx200 as I've never shot one but I have used the hw and if I were going to get a springer that'd be the one for me , the weight feels right , well made and bang on accurate

AirRifleSport

Post by AirRifleSport » 08 Apr 2014, 11:16

I was given a TX200 for zeroing, at 30 yards it was giving a one hole group of 14 mm, so I can say that it is accurate enough for me. That was with using the Falcon Accuracy Plus 5.52 mm.
...the doctor said that I need to do gentle exercise... I said to him that I already did... trigger squeezing!

Torchwood

Post by Torchwood » 08 Apr 2014, 13:53

If can find a tx200sr, that would be a nice rifle, a bit on heavy side comparing to hw97. But really accurate, will get used to weight, no problem.
Hw97 is well balanced, well accurate if fully tuned. Hw97 is my vote.

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 08 Apr 2014, 14:49

The HW springers get my vote, Chas, but they would as I have nine of them. Not sure why :crazy:

If you're looking for something in particular, give me a shout. As new synthetic 97k here which would probably do you nicely :thumbup:

George

punky

Post by punky » 08 Apr 2014, 15:21

Couple of the of SLR 88 on gunstar no spring to worry about less recoil and seven shots before loading :thumbup:
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
LANDROVER A BRAND LOVED WORLDWIDE
One life live it!!!!!!

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 08 Apr 2014, 17:41

punky wrote:Couple of the of SLR 88 on gunstar no spring to worry about less recoil and seven shots before loading :thumbup:
thats another one on my list john. i really cant be doing with loading tiny pellets one at a time
my current springer is a bsa goldstar with its nice period 3-9x56 optima super moonighter

chris, i'd have the 97k out of those two. tx is a great gun but i never really found them to "fit" well....obviously thats just my preference like
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

punky

Post by punky » 08 Apr 2014, 19:45

Cannot go wrong with a hw97 had a 77 for donkeys as for slr88 shame the thumb hole stocked ones so much money lefty and all
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
LANDROVER A BRAND LOVED WORLDWIDE
One life live it!!!!!!

chas
Banned again

Post by chas » 08 Apr 2014, 20:27

Thanks all for the replies, never heard of that SLR, looks good but can't warrant that sort of money for a few ferals.
I had set my heart on a 97K, but then you start reading up on things as you do and I started to think maybe the AA might be worth a look but it would seem the HW has won the day.
George, Is that synthetic 97K you have nickel plated or blued ? Might well be interested.

Thanks all.
The tool driving this vehicle is removed at night. Sometimes.