Fac eliminator... Too much for diyNV?

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
jax13

Fac eliminator... Too much for diyNV?

Post by jax13 » 08 May 2014, 14:31

Just picked up a theoben eliminator running at about 28fpe. Scoped it up at the start of the week with a 1.5-5 wtc I had on the shelf while I waited for a newly acquired scope to come through. It groups well but just not enough mag for my eyes anymore which is why I've gone with a cheap 3-9 nighteater on top purely because of trying to keep the cost of the rig down and wanting a pick up and shoot, back to basics gun.

I was wondering what people thought about the recoil and how a diy rig would hold up to the stress. I thought about building a scopeless rig for it but was concerned the recoil may kill it or simply shake it to pieces. (admittedly it isn't that bad, definitely better than an out of the box 97k, it's just a bugger to cock!)

It's currently wearing the nighteater and my mates old awt mod while I work out what to put on the front of it.

punky

Re: Fac eliminator... Too much for diyNV?

Post by punky » 08 May 2014, 21:30

Not to sure I might be wrong but I thought all the theobens use a ram not a spring so might be a bit more friendly on your nv :thumbup:
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
LANDROVER A BRAND LOVED WORLDWIDE
One life live it!!!!!!

jax13

Re: Fac eliminator... Too much for diyNV?

Post by jax13 » 08 May 2014, 22:11

It is a ram (the main reason it's smoother than a springer despite running in the high 20's)

Just wondered if the recoil would hurt a build as it is a bit harsher than my lr's but not as bad as a 223