Rifle barrel

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
punky

Rifle barrel

Post by punky » 11 May 2014, 16:38

Hi guys after another barrel for one of my logun gladiators and want to know what's best polygon or standard and what's the difference cheers amigos :thumbup:
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
LANDROVER A BRAND LOVED WORLDWIDE
One life live it!!!!!!

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: Rifle barrel

Post by some bloke » 11 May 2014, 17:25

I've heard some slobber about the polly ones which sounds good but have no experience so I'll not regurgitate it.

WWI - Watching With Interest. :angel:

punky

Post by punky » 11 May 2014, 23:12

Cheers buddy thought somone might know a bit about them but maybe not :lol: :lol:
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
One life live it!!!!!!

snu

Post by snu » 12 May 2014, 04:47

Have you tought about the mm smooth twist Punky, my brother has one and it works really well on his, not sure I like the £250 price tag tough.

punky

Post by punky » 12 May 2014, 09:30

Cheers snu yes looked at them but way too much money i think I might have to contact a gun maker,smith and ask what's the difference I'll let you all know :thumbup:
One life live it!!!!!!

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 12 May 2014, 12:03

how come you need a new barrel mate?
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

punky

Post by punky » 12 May 2014, 12:32

Hi m8 on the early gladiators you have a really thin barrel as thin as the evo with a shroud over it with a gap around it with about five inch space in between the end of the barrel and silencer crap design I've already cut my shroud down by five inches but would prefer a 16mm barrel and get rid of the shroud completely,they tried to make a silencer out of the shroud theres a small hole so the sound can travel down the full length of the silencer and it didn't work also the pellet can clip the silencer because of the five inch void,mine shoots fine now I've modded it and is better than standard but would like to have a solid barrel like my .177 one :thumbup:
One life live it!!!!!!

snu

Post by snu » 12 May 2014, 12:48

Funny that, I have a cut down Gladiator barrel on top of the cupboard due to cliping, the cheapest option would be to get a Walther barrel done but they would need the old barrel for the brass fitment on the breech end.
I think from memory the barrel has just about enough meat on it to put a 1/2" unf thread on the end, so you could take it to an engineer and do it that way.

punky

Post by punky » 12 May 2014, 13:01

Cheers buddy I've only cut down the outer shroud part have not touched the barrel because of the choke,going to get a 16 mm which is the size of the outer shroud :thumbup:
One life live it!!!!!!

snu

Post by snu » 12 May 2014, 13:29

Punky, what part of "Rainy Devon" are you from !!