falcon fn19 fac

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
doomsday55

falcon fn19 fac

Post by doomsday55 » 07 Jun 2014, 15:57

I have a falcon fn19 single shot in .22 flavour it is on my fac and doing 17ftlb, I have changed the transfer valve for a larger one , but I am wanting to go further, I'm looking for a stronger hammer spring and a lighter exhaust valve spring anyone a got any spares, cash waiting. Thanks.

dylan5588

Re: falcon fn19 fac

Post by dylan5588 » 07 Jun 2014, 21:23

doomsday55 wrote:I have a falcon fn19 single shot in .22 flavour it is on my fac and doing 17ftlb, I have changed the transfer valve for a larger one , but I am wanting to go further, I'm looking for a stronger hammer spring and a lighter exhaust valve spring anyone a got any spares, cash waiting. Thanks.
Hi, I done my fn19 a number of years ago, I used parts bought from TR Robb, he supplies hammer springs, valves, bolt probes, etc for the Falcon, cheapest way is to buy the kit, it comes with 5 springs of varying strength. I was able to get mine up to 28 but settled it on 24 that power level gave the best accuracy.
Adrian
The difference between Try and Triumph, is a little umph!!

dylan5588

Post by dylan5588 » 08 Jun 2014, 11:14

dylan5588 wrote:
doomsday55 wrote:I have a falcon fn19 single shot in .22 flavour it is on my fac and doing 17ftlb, I have changed the transfer valve for a larger one , but I am wanting to go further, I'm looking for a stronger hammer spring and a lighter exhaust valve spring anyone a got any spares, cash waiting. Thanks.
Hi, I done my fn19 a number of years ago, I used parts bought from TR Robb, he supplies hammer springs, valves, bolt probes, etc for the Falcon, cheapest way is to buy the kit, it comes with 5 springs of varying strength. I was able to get mine up to 28 but settled it on 24 that power level gave the best accuracy.
Adrian
One thing, if you fit a weaker valve spring and a stronger hammer spring, you may have to back the rear adjuster off so there is a little play between hammer and valve, when hammer is in "resting" position, as the stronger hammer spring may put pressure on the valve and cause it to leak.
Adrian

doomsday55

Post by doomsday55 » 08 Jun 2014, 15:08

Hi, yes that was my view, I have ordered the full kit from tr robb including the new valve, and my intention is to get it up as much as possible and then use the rear ajuster as a tuning screw, I also thought that 25 ftlb would be plenty and then come down to whatever isthe optimum for accuracy and shot count, my son has a Daystate 60 and that is awsome for power and accuracy, the reason for going down this road is we have land that has rabbits on but can't use 22lr for certain reasons, but the land owner and the police are happy with fac air, we will see what happens, cheers, Graham.

dylan5588

Post by dylan5588 » 08 Jun 2014, 17:54

I found that once you got above 20 ft lbs, the accuracy started to tail off, I think it has something to do with the slim barrel profile, It is tempting to increase the power as much as possible, but power is no use without the accuracy. I sold my falcon about 6 years ago, and now have a FX verminator, running at 22-12 and 9 ft lbs, perfect for around buildings and anything up to 50yds, then the rimmy takes over.
Adrian