Help: Air Rifle Cocking Problem.

For all pcp's and springers. Tuning, repairs, pellets, show and tell.
Nugget

Help: Air Rifle Cocking Problem.

Post by Nugget » 16 Jun 2014, 20:52

Air rifle is a BSA Scorpion T10 in .22 flavour.
Problem started couple of sessions ago whilst ratting, cocking was starting to play up with bolt handle not lifting up easy as it normally does, then couple of times a pellet would jam in barrel which was causing air to sort of backfire out of action/bolt area with a sort of hissing sound, gun holds air ok so doesn't sound like a seal has gone.
Now last night started ok then suddenly the cocking bolt handle was not lifting up as far as it normally did not enabling the bolt to be pulled back to cock then it felt like the bolt handle was free swinging up and down so cant pull back to cock at all now. The rifle is my Son in Laws who has not long bought the gun so doesn't have much money left so is naturally devastated, so help would be very much appreciated.
Question 1: Who is the nearest person to Liverpool that can fix the problem?
Question 2: What is the like cause or reason for the issues?
Many thanks Steve. :think:

Gren

Re: Help: Air Rifle Cocking Problem.

Post by Gren » 17 Jun 2014, 16:45

Try going on the AirgunBBS I'm sure someone there can help. If you are not mechanical, then don't mess, it's easy to lose bits of finger.

grantellissheffield

Post by grantellissheffield » 17 Jun 2014, 20:47

is it just the bolt handle thats a problem ? if its swinging then have you tried to tighten the screw on the rear ?

as for sending away, i would talk to darin at xtx air he is on facebook.. trust me it will come back a different rifle, here is a link to his prices page
http://www.xtxair.co.uk/services-price-list.php
other than that you can talk to phil at the rat works via facebook also. not sure on his prices.. pointless contacting jb as he is not doing anything at the moment he is on with a project..

Nugget

Post by Nugget » 17 Jun 2014, 22:07

Gren wrote:Try going on the AirgunBBS I'm sure someone there can help. If you are not mechanical, then don't mess, it's easy to lose bits of finger.
Thanks for replying matey, i have posted the same question on BBS fella, no replies as of yet, i will follow on with the post after yours thanks, and no i wouldn't even attempt it myself.
Thanks again, Steve. ;)

Nugget

Post by Nugget » 17 Jun 2014, 22:11

grantellissheffield wrote:is it just the bolt handle thats a problem ? if its swinging then have you tried to tighten the screw on the rear ?

as for sending away, i would talk to darin at xtx air he is on facebook.. trust me it will come back a different rifle, here is a link to his prices page
http://www.xtxair.co.uk/services-price-list.php
other than that you can talk to phil at the rat works via facebook also. not sure on his prices.. pointless contacting jb as he is not doing anything at the moment he is on with a project..
Thanks for the reply fella, Darin does same the favourite at the moment.
The bolt swinging was the latest issue, tightened the allen bolt at the back but that was not the original problem that seems to have been another issue. How is the best way to send the rifle off, courier wise?
Thanks, Steve. ;)

grantellissheffield

Post by grantellissheffield » 18 Jun 2014, 15:40

contact him before hand,, then send via RMSD royal mail special delivery, strip the rifle down remove stock scope and the air cylinder cos if they check the parcel and find it they will remove and destroy it... should cost you around £25.00 when they ask what it is say its a Pneumatic componant dont mention guns/rifle ect cos they will probly then start messing you around... probly take a few weeks to sort it for you depends how busy he is