Cheaper alternative...worth the saving?

http://www.sure24.co.uk
andybig

Re: Cheaper alternative...worth the saving?

Post by andybig » 03 Feb 2014, 14:41

Dont worry Mat.
We all know the E700 is the best mini box camera for our needs.
Like many others here on the forum I have spent/wasted loads of money on cheaper cameras trying to save a few quid.
Yes after spending a small fortune iv found some reasonable cameras from china but they are never going to perform better than an Ej230 or the E700.
Some things on a DIY build you can cut the cost down but if you want the best Guaranteed performance and no disappointments spend the money on a good camera at the beginning.

Similan9

Post by Similan9 » 03 Feb 2014, 14:51

andybig wrote:Dont worry Mat.
We all know the E700 is the best mini box camera for our needs.
Like many others here on the forum I have spent/wasted loads of money on cheaper cameras trying to save a few quid.
Yes after spending a small fortune iv found some reasonable cameras from china but they are never going to perform better than an Ej230 or the E700.
Some things on a DIY build you can cut the cost down but if you want the best Guaranteed performance and no disappointments spend the money on a good camera at the beginning.
'hear hear'
:D
Your UK based NV DIY Supplier

www.sure24.co.uk
sales@sure24.co.uk
01949 836 990

andybig

Post by andybig » 16 Mar 2015, 12:13

Iv got one.
I was probably one of the first few people to get that camera.
Its OK (ish) but its not an ej230.
I used it on my first scopeless build.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 16 Mar 2015, 12:58

its just how people are, eh
If E700's were £20 folk would put up links asking about £15 cameras

What gets me is that the E700 IS a cheap camera. just a couple of years ago we were paying £125 or maybe more for second hand watec 902H's
Even then the watecs still made a cheap fox capable rig. If you go back another couple of years and wanted to shoot fox's with n.v you were
Looking at £2000 if you were lucky. Oh, and you had to spend between £150-£500 on an illuminator!

AND we had to walk fifteen miles just to put the battery on a piece of string in the alarm clock
Kids these days eh......dont know they're born :roll: :lol:
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 16 Mar 2015, 13:38

I hate to say this but while the bar has been substantially raised on here over the last year or so it has remained fixed - and and even lowered on some sites to people basically linking to - or supplying plug and play solutions that were available about two years ago and very cheap cameras that sound similar to the better ones.

In short DIY Digital night vision has been well dumbed down a lot by people who have built themselves a cheap performing solution and kid themselves it is a decent bit of gear because they have not tried anything better - or won't - and 'Recommend' it to other gullible newbies - or simply prefer to supply a bag of bits to plug together what they call a night vision device.

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 16 Mar 2015, 16:51

I'm really sorry Matt i have by complete accident deleted your opening post,my sincere apologies to you and to the members following this thread.
Well i feel a complete plonker now so I'm of to hide in a corner :oops:

Geoff
Ps Matt if you want me to delete the thread so you can restart it please let me know,sorry again for my cock up

Marky610

Post by Marky610 » 16 Mar 2015, 17:36

Let them get on with it I say, after 5 years of development I have a unit that is proven to 700 yards on full mag (and still don't use one :mrgreen: )

If they want to try and build a system for £30 let them, they will end up with a E700 eventually :lol:

I just ignore the cheapo camera threads and let them get on with it.
Land Rovers, who would be daft enough to own one?

Torchwood

Post by Torchwood » 17 Mar 2015, 18:21

Cheaper cameras are on everyone's kit, I use some for small projects where the distance is not a issue. But use E700 or ej230 for all major projects. I find it useless trying to save few pounds with cheaper camera and compensate for it with larger torch.

Some airgunners are happy to see in the dark, clarity an and range is not a issue, hence the cheaper kits. Most folks haven't got a clue what's the ccd, all they care about is the ability to see some distance at night. Most even haven't seen a top of the range kit.

I got hooked when looking through a drone pro, thermals had done most damage so far. :lol:

Some educating is on order. :D

Toni