Exciting new developments

http://www.sure24.co.uk
Similan9

Re: Exciting new developments

Post by Similan9 » 07 Mar 2014, 09:03

FGYT wrote:what IR illuminator is in mind for the £250 package ?? Marky T20 would be fav
I believe so :thumbup:

I'd like to see a full package available within the next 2 months...but we all know that development takes twice as long as you initially plan for...costs twice as much...and you earn half what you expect :lol:

Usually the case :crazy:
Your UK based NV DIY Supplier

www.sure24.co.uk
sales@sure24.co.uk
01949 836 990

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 07 Mar 2014, 09:26

well, theres not a lot more you need develop, most of the stuff your already sorted for

camera
dsa +adaptor for camera
i.r
18650's
sundry plugs and cables
------------------------------------
all i can see missing is
screen
cheaper 12v battery
a few odd mounts for screen and illuminator

maybe a 18650 charger
and if you want to be really flash. a project box to make a battery behind the screen set up (very tidy)
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

Similan9

Post by Similan9 » 07 Mar 2014, 09:47

sunndog wrote:well, theres not a lot more you need develop, most of the stuff your already sorted for

camera
dsa +adaptor for camera
i.r
18650's
sundry plugs and cables
all i can see missing is
screen
cheaper 12v battery

maybe a 18650 charger
and if you want to be really flash. a project box to make a battery behind the screen set up (very tidy)
Yep...and if we had a reliable source for all those bits and pieces then we'd be away.
It's not wise for us to go down the Ebay (or equivalent) route as it's not constant or reliable enough, we always try hard to align ourselves with reputable manufacturers and importers and build relationships with them etc. etc. and this takes a little longer.

But you're quite right, we're edging closer all the time and Mark at Nite-Tek is being really helpful. Looking forward to having a 'one click' solution in the near future :)

www.sure24.co.uk
sales@sure24.co.uk
01949 836 990

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 07 Mar 2014, 10:00

Matt,
Well said on using reliable manufacturers and importers and building strong relationships with them.
As can be seen from the support you get from memebers of this forum, the way you do buiness is the way we would like to do business with everyone we buy stuff from.
Thanks again and keep up the good work

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Similan9

Post by Similan9 » 07 Mar 2014, 10:19

phoenix wrote:Matt,
Well said on using reliable manufacturers and importers and building strong relationships with them.
As can be seen from the support you get from memebers of this forum, the way you do buiness is the way we would like to do business with everyone we buy stuff from.
Thanks again and keep up the good work

Cheers

Bruce
Cheers Bruce, always appreciate the kind words.
:D

www.sure24.co.uk
sales@sure24.co.uk
01949 836 990

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 07 Mar 2014, 10:39

sunndog wrote:well, theres not a lot more you need develop, most of the stuff your already sorted for

camera
dsa +adaptor for camera
i.r
18650's
sundry plugs and cables
all i can see missing is
screen
cheaper 12v battery

maybe a 18650 charger
Biggest bit for me is a DVR that records in the quality that shows on the screen (constant quote on all dark youtube clips ..." well its much better on screen than the Recording shows")

Pulsar DSA £30 plus £6 PnP inc Vat
E700 £68 inc vat PnP free i think

Adaptor is £1 inc VAT (flow plas fitting)

Marky Illuminator is £45 or £55 with A battery and charger no vat i think yet Postage included ??

leaves £100 to spend on screen battery and some connectors mount maybe a battery holder
Dorset Woodland Blades: 'I see you've played Knifey Spoony Before'

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 07 Mar 2014, 13:34

Similan9 wrote:Yep...and if we had a reliable source for all those bits and pieces then we'd be away.
It's not wise for us to go down the Ebay (or equivalent) route as it's not constant or reliable enough, we always try hard to align ourselves with reputable manufacturers and importers and build relationships with them etc. etc. and this takes a little longer.

But you're quite right, we're edging closer all the time and Mark at Nite-Tek is being really helpful. Looking forward to having a 'one click' solution in the near future :)
totally agree mate
ebay is just not the way to go for someone like yourselves.....not least because its mainly a retail outlet!
a number of times lads on here have posted a page full of ebay links to useful stuff they have found. they had dragged stuff out of their watch list and bookmarks and a third of them were already useless, either didn't exist or had changed spec
the only time ebay links from us to you are useful is just to show you the sort of thing we are after or what we currently find to be the best item for the job or whatever

the 5" screens we use now seem to be pretty reliable and consistant, good picture too
12v batteries, i'd go the little (1800mh?) blue ones
18650 charger. its gotta be a nite-core intellicharger for me.

FYGT, i reckon a decent DVR would push the price up too high, esp as not everyone needs/wants one
nowt wrong with stocking one as an optional extra though i s'pose

anyway, we all think you've done a great job already mat. off the top of my head i can remember telling some-one that you stock a certain connector or adaptor at least three or four times over the last few weeks.....ok it was only a couple of quid doodad each time, but it was a bloody sight easier than trawling ebay to find the fella a link to a seller i probably know nothing about.
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

FGYT

Post by FGYT » 07 Mar 2014, 14:47

I agree you dont need a DVR as part of the package but yes a good one as an option available is something that I think is needed from within UK especially along side a set up

its something the others dont do nore recommend a unit etc
Dorset Woodland Blades: 'I see you've played Knifey Spoony Before'

snapperspike

Post by snapperspike » 18 Mar 2014, 16:48

And then hopefully Matt, a similar priced NEAR EYE package deal, due to the VAST discount your wonderful negotiating skills will produce , for the huge number of driver boards and displays you'll be able to order for us all :lol: :lol: ;)

Similan9

Post by Similan9 » 18 Mar 2014, 16:53

snapperspike wrote:And then hopefully Matt, a similar priced NEAR EYE package deal, due to the VAST discount your wonderful negotiating skills will produce , for the huge number of driver boards and displays you'll be able to order for us all :lol: :lol: ;)
It's a shame nobody wanted to come down to our gaff for a visit (and a bacon sarnie!) to show off their guns and scope builds so we could really get to grips with everything you want and better understand it all...we'd probably have it all sorted by now ;)

www.sure24.co.uk
sales@sure24.co.uk
01949 836 990