Pulsar Quantum Lites

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
kingsy18

Re: Pulsar Quantum Lites

Postby kingsy18 » 01 Jul 2017, 04:54

Before i part with my cash ,what is the final verdict between these two models because after reading this thread can,t see anything positive about either.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Postby phoenix » 01 Jul 2017, 07:10

You don't have to part with any cash permanently if you buy one and don't like it.
Under the distance selling regulations, you can buy one, try it for up to 14 days and if, for any reason, you don't want to keep it, you can return it undamaged with all the original packaging and the seller is legally obliged to give you your money back.
That way you could try each model you fancy and decide which one is for you.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

blueroll

Postby blueroll » 01 Jul 2017, 12:01

thesmi wrote:Clunge I have had every pulsar thermal in terms of hd xd xq Helion and also a trial now running an Xp38 atm

Yes the Helion xq38f did breaks but id rather that over the lite

So would you say that the Helion has a better image clarity than my Quantum XQ50 ?

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Postby phoenix » 01 Jul 2017, 12:46

There shouldn't be any difference between the image quality between the now discontinued Quantum XQ50 and the current Helion XQ50F, they both use the same sensor, lens and display.

Cheers

Bruce

blueroll

Postby blueroll » 01 Jul 2017, 14:53

phoenix wrote:There shouldn't be any difference between the image quality between the now discontinued Quantum XQ50 and the current Helion XQ50F, they both use the same sensor, lens and display.

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks for the info Bruce. I will stick with what iv`e got then.

thesmi

Postby thesmi » 01 Jul 2017, 16:15

Like Bruce says....no stick what you got. The only would be go to xp. Xp 38 is good til you zoom but pip works rather well. I got loads of vids but agro to upload them.......also im currently in Cyprus now and vids at home on unit and laptop

devil_bri

Postby devil_bri » 30 Jul 2017, 20:55

XQ30V or the HD38S ???
What's your views ?

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Postby phoenix » 30 Jul 2017, 21:07

I don't think there's much in it.
In principle the XQ30V should be slightly better because it's got a 17 micron sensor compared to the older 25 micron sensor in the HD, but the XQs don't seem to have the the quality of the lenses that the older models have.
Warranty could be an issue.
The HD38s has been around for a while, so any used models are likely to be out of warranty or close to the end of their warranty.
Buy a new XQ30V and you get a new full warranty
On balance, I'd go for a new XQ30V

Cheers

Bruce

warbucks

Postby warbucks » 01 Aug 2017, 15:15

For the lads that's not owned thermal, or spent quite some time looking through a mates, its fare comment about asking others what they think about certain models, but you really need to look through the model that your interested in, either some one else's or to buy one, test it, and return for a refund if it isnt what you expect, not ONLY THIS you need to spend PLENTY on time playing with the settings to get it at its best to suit your eyes, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, for the first few outings i was finding that my xq38f was picking up heat source's ok, but the back ground was faint, i had a think about this and watched a few Y-tubes on settings and found that i needed the contrast turning up to full ie 20, and the brightness turning down to around 7, this transformed it, as i say this is very important, --------what suites one person dont alway's suit some one else.

If you carn't get some one local to look through their thermal, and allow you to re adjust the settings (this might cost you £10 in fuel to travel, then i would strongly suggest buying the model you fancy going through the above suggestion's, if your then not happy with it, return it for a full refund, if it cost you £20 to return it, you shouldn't grumble, as you have had a first hand experience of it for £20 to find its not for you, which IMO is a cheap escape.

Dave (warbucks)
Last edited by warbucks on 01 Aug 2017, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

fizzbangwhallop

Postby fizzbangwhallop » 01 Aug 2017, 17:04

As Dave says above, getting the brightness to contrast balance right comes with practice and getting to know your unit...... I prefer to run my brightness as low as possible getting down to 00 as the night gets cooler. Had a brilliant picture last night at 00 brightness and 15 contrast.

My hd38s recently went back to TJ's for the shutter to be serviced as it had started sticking (which they turned round within a day :thumbup: ).

The picture quality/field of view of this unit is good and I don't see the need to upgrade anytime soon......although, if I had to, I think it would be to a 38f.

Cheers

Fizz
8-)
Image Image

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting....but, heck.....I just like posting. :crazy: :lol:

Return to “thermal imaging”