A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
Kevgun

Armasight thermal

Postby Kevgun » 08 Sep 2017, 15:25

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: Armasight thermal

Postby phoenix » 08 Sep 2017, 16:34

It's not a 75-3 because it only has a 50mm objective lens.
In terms of the sensor, objective lens and near eye display, it's the direct equivalent to the Ward WT1-50-3, and close to the Pulsar Trail XQ50 -although the near eye display in the Trail is not as good.
Although ATN now have a sales and marketing operation in the UK (they import their kit from China so it doesn't fall foul of the ITAR regulations) they do not have a good reputation for reliability and for providing a good back up for their products - just ask Carl Moore who used to be the main ATN distributor for the UK
The illuminator in your link is ridiculously overpriced - there are loads of illuminators with interchangeable pills and better performance available for less than £100
The only IR LED worth considering for use in an illuminator is the Oslon AS and most pills are set up so that it produces 2000mW of IR.
The Armasight IR illuminator claims that the IR LED is producing 1300mW which leads me to believe that it's using the old Oslon S LED.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

blueroll

Postby blueroll » 08 Sep 2017, 18:57

I think I enquired about this and was told it is not a weapon site, no mount or reticle.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Postby phoenix » 08 Sep 2017, 22:35

blueroll wrote:I think I enquired about this and was told it is not a weapon site, no mount or reticle.

That's an even better reason not to buy it!!

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Return to “thermal imaging”