Which Thermal Unit

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
Nuggs123

Re: Which Thermal Unit

Postby Nuggs123 » 22 Sep 2017, 10:00

My xq38f spots so much more than my nv ,just last night I spotted a couple of rabbits a metre or so back in the brambles that I wouldn't have known were there without the thermal ,so I just got comfy for 10 mins and out they came :clap: result .I was also near a field with some pig pens ,the corrugated arched ones and the thermal even spotted which ones had pigs in and which didn't ... through the tin walls :crazy: and beat this .. I spotted a heat spot in a far away tree about a hundred yards so walked nearer to find three birds roosting and was close enough to see they were crows ,I startled one and just before it flew it had a shite which I saw as a white hot splodge shooting out its arse.... Lovely !!!! Lol .All in pitch blackness . It really is that good .Mike.

Muskett

Postby Muskett » 22 Sep 2017, 11:45

Graphic ^

Last thing from me. Thermal is totally passive. Gen3 can be passive when no ir help is used. Digi is not as it requires ir help which can be seen by other Tubed or Digi units. Its only important if you need to be sneaky beaky.

I chased a mouse around my lawn in the dark. The mouse couldn't work out how I always knew where he was. Cats don't have Thermal.

spiralviral

Postby spiralviral » 22 Sep 2017, 19:10

You don't see many 'old type' XQ38's or XQ50's for sale second hand for these reasons; they may not have all the whistles and bells of the helion, but can run on regular AA cells, are light, ergonomic and compact, and absolutely deliver.

blueroll

Postby blueroll » 23 Sep 2017, 08:12

spiralviral wrote:You don't see many 'old type' XQ38's or XQ50's for sale second hand for these reasons; they may not have all the whistles and bells of the helion, but can run on regular AA cells, are light, ergonomic and compact, and absolutely deliver.

+1 and that is the reason I have kept my Quantum XQ50. Not complicated, just one button to press/twist to adjust brightness/contrast to suit the conditions.

Return to “thermal imaging”