Pulsar Updates

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
Mini Magnum

Pulsar Updates

Post by Mini Magnum » 10 Jan 2018, 06:42

New app released which includes ballistic function and motion detection..

Also new firmware due for release today or tomorrow with, menu brightness adjustment, sound recording etc !!

Stream vision Update!!
Motion Detection - allows the user to automatically detect a moving object in the field of view of an optical device. User is free to select detection accuracy based on object size and type of detection notification – sound or vibration. It is important to immobilize an optical device for enhanced accuracy.
Ballistic Calculator - allows user to determine exact ballistics for accurate shooting. The function offers setup of preferred parameters for the bullets and cartridges, and current weather conditions to hit the target even at a long range. Ballistic Calculator is intended for use both with Pulsar riflescopes or other riflescopes.
The new firmware update offers several major improvements of the functional requested by the users of Pulsar’s highly popular thermal imaging devices.
FOR TRAIL AND HELION
• New firmware update adds sound to video recording in TRAIL and HELION. Long awaited feature now allows to record videos with sound and can be deactivated in the menu if needed.
• Graphics brightness adjustment allows to change brightness of menu and status bar icons to preferred level to avoid eye fatigue.
• Wi-Fi transmission is enhanced. Image transmission speed from the unit to a smartphone or tablet is significantly increased.
FOR TRAIL ONLY
• Following numerous requests time interval before recoil activated video recording has been increased to 10 seconds.
• Two reticle colors have been added: completely white reticle and completely black reticle.

fizzbangwhallop

Re: Pulsar Updates

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 10 Jan 2018, 08:04

Brilliant!

Thanks for letting us know Ian.

Cheers

Fizz
..here we go!

Just got the new version of the Streamvision app with the ballistics but no sign of the device firmware updates yet :thumbdown: (and there was me getting all excited at being able to turn down the Helion’s icon brightness :lol: )

Later today/tomorrow hopefully.

Cheers

Fizz
8-)
Last edited by fizzbangwhallop on 10 Jan 2018, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 10 Jan 2018, 09:15

You may need to delete the app and reinstall for the ballistic and motion/detection to update...

Hopefully the firmware update comes today...

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 10 Jan 2018, 10:15

Mini Magnum wrote:You may need to delete the app and reinstall for the ballistic and motion/detection to update...

Hopefully the firmware update comes today...
Yep, did that to get a clean copy.... although I did get a screen message beforehand to tell me about updates so it looks like the app updated itself in the background. :thumbup:

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 10 Jan 2018, 10:39

:D Great stuff, everyone will be waiting for the sound with baited breath now..

pav

Post by pav » 10 Jan 2018, 11:48

To rite iv been waiting best part of a year for sound

robert16

Post by robert16 » 10 Jan 2018, 13:02

I personally don't want no sound, a lot of people I speak to aren't too bothered for it neither. Each to there own.. Itwould be good for me if the brightness issue was sorted...

SIKA-68

Post by SIKA-68 » 10 Jan 2018, 22:05

This is fantastic news hopefully at long last the end to the icon issue which for me and a lot of others the biggest problem thanks for you excellent work Mini & fizz......

D.
Last edited by SIKA-68 on 17 Jan 2018, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

Auris

Post by Auris » 12 Jan 2018, 12:44

Anybody got the new fw update yet?

AnthonyR

Post by AnthonyR » 19 Jan 2018, 13:30

Well the Helion and Trail updates are out, I have had a quick play with my Helion and you can definitely alter the brightness of the display icons and the there is now sound on the videos, but you have to remember to turn the microphone on first.

:thumbup: :thumbup: