Beware of dealing with scott country

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
scirroco

Beware of dealing with scott country

Post by scirroco » 16 Jan 2018, 19:23

A good friend of mine ,purchased a pulsar helion thermal from scott country, he had a big problem with horizontal lines across the screen ,he sent them a video and they said the lines was because he was near power lines !! They tried to fob him off left right and centre What dickheads!! Anyway this guy is not one ti be fo bed off ,this took best part of 6 months for them to sort ,it was only when he got trading standards involved and he finally recieved a new helion today,
So in my view these peoplw are not worth dealing with ..so be warned
Rgds steve

Mini Magnum

Re: Beware of dealing with scott country

Post by Mini Magnum » 17 Jan 2018, 00:09

:thumbdown: Douche's...
Last edited by Mini Magnum on 17 Jan 2018, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

chambo

Post by chambo » 17 Jan 2018, 12:56

he was telling me the problems he was having and the bull shit crap excuses they was coming out with. stu

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 17 Jan 2018, 13:09

Price Match = Person sends in price to match, then price match company gathers info, reports other companies with lower prices....keeping full retail....genius. :lol: :lol:

deerwarden

Post by deerwarden » 17 Jan 2018, 13:41

Your friend needs to ensure that the warranty period for the replacement item is for the full term, i.e. not from the original date of the faulty item. deerwarden

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 17 Jan 2018, 15:27

Somewhat off topic but apparently SC have a contract with the RSPB to supply thermal and NV gear for controlling foxes on their reserves (at least in Scotland).
I don't have a problem with controlling foxes to reduce predation on ground nesting birds, but the RSPB stay extremely quiet about it and the contractors they use for fox control are prohibited from using lamps - only NV and/or thermal is permitted.
This is to reduce the possibility of the public at large knowing what they are up to.
I imagine the old lady animal lovers who donates significant sums to the RSPB wouldn't be so happy to give them money if they knew that the RSPB are one of the biggest fox killers in the country.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

AnthonyR

Post by AnthonyR » 17 Jan 2018, 15:57

phoenix wrote:Somewhat off topic but apparently SC have a contract with the RSPB to supply thermal and NV gear for controlling foxes on their reserves (at least in Scotland).
I don't have a problem with controlling foxes to reduce predation on ground nesting birds, but the RSPB stay extremely quiet about it and the contractors they use for fox control are prohibited from using lamps - only NV and/or thermal is permitted.
This is to reduce the possibility of the public at large knowing what they are up to.
I imagine the old lady animal lovers who donates significant sums to the RSPB wouldn't be so happy to give them money if they knew that the RSPB are one of the biggest fox killers in the country.

Cheers

Bruce
This is true in England as well as I know somebody who does it, NV only and the RSPB gave them money for kit.

scirroco

Post by scirroco » 17 Jan 2018, 18:03

deerwarden wrote:Your friend needs to ensure that the warranty period for the replacement item is for the full term, i.e. not from the original date of the faulty item. deerwarden
Thanls deerwardwn for that i believe they told him it was from the date of the original purchase,i will tell him.to look into it bit more,
Rgds steve

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 17 Jan 2018, 18:26

AnthonyR wrote:
phoenix wrote:Somewhat off topic but apparently SC have a contract with the RSPB to supply thermal and NV gear for controlling foxes on their reserves (at least in Scotland).

Cheers

Bruce
This is true in England as well as I know somebody who does it, NV only and the RSPB gave them money for kit.
Yep,
The guy who got the contract for the RSPB reserve near me asked me to advise him what kit he needed. Needless to say when I found out who he would be working for and that they were paying for it, I gave him a list of the most expensive kit I could think of :D

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

scirroco

Post by scirroco » 17 Jan 2018, 19:19

Nice 1 bruce,what did they end up with??
Rgds steve