XQ50 Dual Displays

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
Tommy79r

XQ50 Dual Displays

Post by Tommy79r » 18 Jan 2018, 06:15

Hi, I have a pulsar XQ50 mounted near a spot light in an RTV and previously I have been running one 7inch display in front of the driver. Running the thermal and external display all from a separate battery isolated from the original RTV battery by a voltage sensitive solenoid.

I have since added a second display for the passenger, used a AV splitter and run the power for the second display from second battery again.
what is happening now is after 60 seconds I begin to have the original display drop out and the video comes and goes roughly every 3-4 seconds.
what am I missing? why would this video feed on the original display drop in and out?

Tried a different display in all different combinations, tried running thermal on internal batteries, used different AV cables, engine running & not running, battery charger on second battery etc.
Seems to be a build up of interference or something.

Any help would be appreciated
Regards Tom

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: XQ50 Dual Displays

Post by phoenix » 18 Jan 2018, 09:48

The video output of the XQ50 can't supply enough signal for 2 external displays.
You would need to feed the signal from the XQ50 into a video signal booster and then connect your displays to the outputs of the booster.
Something like this would do it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-to-3-Scree ... Sw8-tWVmb8

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Tommy79r

Re: XQ50 Dual Displays

Post by Tommy79r » 31 Jan 2018, 01:01

Thank you Bruce, I have installed a AV Signal booster and everything is working as normal, nice stable picture. thanks again.