Leupold LTO Tracker thermal monocular

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
ucanthide

Leupold LTO Tracker thermal monocular

Post by ucanthide » 19 Feb 2018, 22:42

Fellas,

Has anyone any first hand experience of this device? the youtube videos look quite good for what it is. The manufacturer, Leupold, are a well known American company making rifle scopes etc. I contacted them (their technical department) to ask what the pixel pitch was of the pixels in the LTO's detector and the response was that they didnt know...? This made me start to think it may well be made abroad, i.e China..otherwise why would the 'manufacturer' not know this essential detail?

Look forward to any responses.

scirroco

Re: Leupold LTO Tracker thermal monocular

Post by scirroco » 19 Feb 2018, 23:13

A feiend has one of these piees of shite ! He has to use a a tube about a foot long attatched to it, and look through the tube to see anything that resembles a pic ,otherwise it will light you up at night,i would definately look theough 1 before you buy
Rgds steve

ucanthide

Post by ucanthide » 19 Feb 2018, 23:22

Steve,

thanks for the advice, I mean not withstanding the fact the display is very bright, how does it perform for a budget thermal imager?

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 19 Feb 2018, 23:51

It's a budget thermal imager - it doesn't perform worth a s**t compared to proper thermal imager.
It uses a 206x156 sensor and a 240x204 display - that spec gets you a thermal imager that will just about see foxes or rabbits at the end of your garden
Honestly, if you're thinking about getting a thermal imager, don't waste your money on one of these - keep saving and buy a Pulsar Helion XQ38F, or even a Pulsar quantum Lite XQ23V

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

ucanthide

Post by ucanthide » 20 Feb 2018, 00:28

Bruce,

Thanks for that. I saw a few youtube videos that show it detecting a man at about 150+m, which I thought was quite good for the price. I wouldnt compare it to a pulsar Helion, that is a much higher spec but also 4 x the price of the Leupold. Have you yourself used the Leupold?

Daniel

scirroco

Post by scirroco » 20 Feb 2018, 06:04

ucanthide wrote:Steve,

thanks for the advice, I mean not withstanding the fact the display is very bright, how does it perform for a budget thermal imager?
Hi ucanthide
Its a very budget thermal,it will.lwt you know somethings there, one of the cheap pulsar is far better for not to much more money,
Rgds steve

ucanthide

Post by ucanthide » 20 Feb 2018, 06:38

Cheers steve. Which Pulsar model are you referring to? Id like to have a look.

B&W FOX

Post by B&W FOX » 20 Feb 2018, 10:40

Don't go there.................

Cant ID anything with one, I'm just pleased I managed to get a full refund.

Leupold got rid of stock in America by giving them away when you brought one of their top end scopes.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 20 Feb 2018, 10:46

ucanthide wrote:Cheers steve. Which Pulsar model are you referring to? Id like to have a look.
The cheapest usable thermal spotter is the Pulsar Quantum lite XQ23V list price is £1200 but you should be able to get 10% discount from places like Blackwood outdoors.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

ucanthide

Post by ucanthide » 20 Feb 2018, 18:33

Bruce,

Thanks again, you're right, that pulsar lite looks very reasonable. I was even considering spending a bit more and maybe getting a Microcam3 from Thermoteknix, are you familiar with them?

Daniel