WT1 75-3

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: WT1 75-3

Post by phoenix » 28 Apr 2018, 00:32

Clive runs a very successful business - even although the speed of his communications are not always up to the standard that some in this modern world of instant gratification would expect.
He can sell all of these scopes he can get his hands on, so if you want one, just have a little patience and Clive will put you on the list for one.
If you get grumpy, I fear you'll be near the bottom of the list :)

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 28 Apr 2018, 08:38

seanw226 wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 21:25
So I send 2 messages reference group buy for one of these scopes to Clive and both times don't get a reply! What sort of business is he running? Does he wanna sell these scopes?
Hi Sean,

Sorry if I didn't get back to confirm your place on the group buy. I thought I had. :oops:

We've been holding off for the current one as the factory wasn't ready for production and we didn't want to hold onto anyones money for any longer than absolutely necessary.

Good news is it's all underway now and the group order is going in next week.

I've sent you an e-mail with the details. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

dazb

Post by dazb » 01 Sep 2018, 02:17

OK guys I've got my name down for the WT1 75-3 and have a Tikka T3x rifle, Is there anything i need to attach the scope in the way of Picatinny rail etc, I would like to be able to switch between my Zeiss day scope and thermal when required. This has probably been covered I know but I cant find it and any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 01 Sep 2018, 08:01

John Carr at Apex Precision (07831 525 442) and, I think, Alan Rhone https://www.alanrhone-store.com/
do extended picatinny rails with holes drilled to fit the Tikka action.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

dazb

Post by dazb » 01 Sep 2018, 08:23

Thanks for the advice Bruce, will the WT fit straight onto the above rails

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 01 Sep 2018, 08:41

For the Zeiss I can recommend the Recknagel poly lever qr rings..... I’m running 5 pairs of these on various rifles and day/night scope and have never had a problem with a wandering poi. The rifles go in the cabinet without ‘scopes on too.

Alan Rhone sells them, a bit pricey at £130 odd but with a better choice of height than the basic L/M/H.

If your Zeiss is a Diavari you’ll need the 9mm version to clear the underside of the turret housing over the rail. (9mm being the measurement between the bottom of the scope tube and the underside of the mount block).

Cheers

Fizz

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

dazb

Post by dazb » 01 Sep 2018, 10:22

Cheers lads, I'll have a look when I get a chance, I'm away working at the minute, My Zeiss is the V4 6-24x50, the Recknagels are a small price to pay in the bigger scheme of things, do these fit straight onto the Piccatiny rail, excuse my ignorance, I'm only normally used to fitting a scope and leaving it on and not worrying about it.

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 01 Sep 2018, 13:37

The poly-lever ring heights are at the bottom of page 16 on this link...
https://www.alanrhone.com/downloads/pro ... -rings.pdf
BH being Base Height.... underside of scope tube to underside of mount where it sits on the rail. My 6-24x56 Diavari needs the 9.5mm but then that under-turret bit measures at 6mm proud of the tube. I couldn't find the dimensions for your V4 but I have got a Victory HT 3-12x56 here which looks like it might be based on the same tube as yours... the U-T on that is lower at just over 2mm so you might well get away with the 6mm rings by the look of it.

Yep...the WT1, Drone etc were all designed to sit on top of a full length picatinny rail along the lines of military 'scopes, afaik only the Photons have been designed along the lines of normal 'scopes. The Zeiss will go straight on too.

The thickness(height) of the pic rail needs to be 10mm so your bolt handle clears the mount of the WT1.

I'll email you some pics if I can get them to reduce.

Cheers

Fizz

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

dazb

Post by dazb » 14 Sep 2018, 18:07

Hi Fizz
I have been in touch with alanrhone and the thickest pic rail they supply is only 7mm, looks like i might be back to the drawing board

Cheers
Daz

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 15 Sep 2018, 06:54

dazb wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 18:07
Hi Fizz
I have been in touch with alanrhone and the thickest pic rail they supply is only 7mm, looks like i might be back to the drawing board

Cheers
Daz
Morning Daz,

Try John Carr at Apex Precision....quality stuff :thumbup: I think he’s about the £140 mark for a stainless rail but don’t quote me on that.....been I while since I last emailed him.

https://www.apexuk-precision.co.uk/

I turned my EGW rail from the US round to get an extra slot at the rear..... just overhangs where the grooves in the receiver top end. I don’t know if this is standard on John’s rails....but he’d be happy to oblige I’m sure.

Cheers

Fizz
8-)