SCI Tarvos

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
superdry

SCI Tarvos

Post by superdry » 09 Apr 2018, 16:44

Has anyone used and got opinion on the sci tarvos thermal binocular? I've ben offered one in exchange for some kit I'm selling.
I've had my heart set on a helion xp50 but the tarvos looks good.
Cheers
Dave

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: SCI Tarvos

Post by phoenix » 09 Apr 2018, 18:34

If you can get it for a price less than a new XP50 then take it.
The lens, and almost certainly, the sensor are the same as those sold by Sun Creative in China and are what i use in my thermal spotters - although mine only have a monocular display as opposed to the binocular display in the Tarvos
It's a quality piece of kit with a lot more magnification and a lot longer detection range than an XP50.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

superdry

Post by superdry » 09 Apr 2018, 19:55

Thanks for the advice, I've decided to go for it.

bradleyhardacre

Post by bradleyhardacre » 09 Apr 2018, 23:43

Well if you don't take to it I'd be well interested... keep me in mind please. :thumbup:

superdry

Post by superdry » 21 Apr 2018, 11:45

Ok I've had the Tarvos out a couple of times now and really is a fantastic piece of kit, sharp images for 3/4/500 m no problem with the base optical mag (5.3) I don't even bother with the digital mag.
I'm using it to walk with my rifle around farm fields, could do with an extra arm at the moment as I'm struggling to spot and hold rifle and quad sticks. Is there anyone in the Bolton/Manchester area who's got a Helion xp50 and wouldn't mind meeting up for a comparison? I want to see if and how much more handleable the xp is. If I keep the Tarvos I'll have to get a pig saddle and tripod set up I reckon.