Pulsar Trail recoil activated recording failure.

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
Dogfish

Pulsar Trail recoil activated recording failure.

Post by Dogfish » 08 May 2018, 16:02

Hi, good evening everyone

I recently purchased the Trail XQ38 from Pulsar....and took it into the field last night for its maiden outing looking for crop raiding bush pigs.
Not long into the hunt i squeezed of a shot at a pig that exited its well worn tunnel.

In the heat of the moment i forgot to hit the record button, and even though the recoil activated recording was active the scope failed to record!

Ive got it mounted on an M4 in 556 and im thinking thats the problem!

My question is: Does the recoil activated recording feature work on sound or on some sort of G-meter and is there any other way to ensure it records without having to mount the scope on another weapon?

otherwise its a fantastic scope and im more than happy.

kind regards
Dogfish

foxyfowler

Re: Pulsar Trail recoil activated recording failure.

Post by foxyfowler » 02 Sep 2018, 12:03

Hi, did you ever get the problem sorted?
I've recently bought the trail xp50 and I've got the same problem. Wondered if it was a quick fix
Andy

AnthonyR

Post by AnthonyR » 02 Sep 2018, 20:33

Mine works fine on my 22-2250 but often doesn't record on my 20 Tac and doesn't work at all on my 17 Hornet and air rifle, I presume the smaller calibres don't have enough recoil to trip the function.

foxyfowler

Post by foxyfowler » 03 Sep 2018, 00:02

Mine is on a 22/250 T3 varmint. It does have quite a heavy laminated stock though and a silencer so there is very little recoil. I'll perhaps let the retailer have it back to get it checked out when I don't have quite so much use for it.
Thanks
Andy