Pulsar trail Xq38

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
ezzy

Re: Pulsar trail Xq38

Post by ezzy » 25 Aug 2018, 09:51

Bruce and Anthony's answers are spot on and a very good opportunity for someone to do something about it, Clive's new one could be the one or the hole left behind by FLIR may only be filled with a 4K X-sight.

Tikka.243

Post by Tikka.243 » 25 Aug 2018, 11:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBiKzFPGyA Don't think the ATN 4k will be replacing the drone anytime soon. It has the same software as the xsight II and that was the cause of most of the problems with that model I know I had one. At least you could remove the batteries in the xsight II if it locked out and it would restart if you were lucky.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 25 Aug 2018, 11:49

I had high hopes for the original X Sight and was badly let down by it's performance.
I had a quick look through the X Sight 4K Pro at the Shooting Show in February and in both darkness and daylight the image quality was very good, so that gave me cause for hope that they eventually built something decent.
Even though most of the recent reports on it have not been encouraging, I'm still hoping it's going to be the real deal.
Fortunately, forum member Blueroll is on a promise from Optics Warehouse for a trial when they eventually become available, so I'll wait for his review.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Sussexsteve

Post by Sussexsteve » 25 Aug 2018, 15:20

I owned both drones and shot thousands. I owned the trail xp38 for a few weeks and sold it to buy thew Ward WT1 75-3. Best move I ever made. I put a few people onto the Ward WT1 75-3 and all of us have since sold our drone pros as they don't get used anymore! What I will say is thermal takes practice like anything else so if you don't own a thermal spotter moving to a scope will be a big jump. I think if a 12micron, 640 and 75mm scope comes out it will open the floodgates to the move to thermal scopes..

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 25 Aug 2018, 19:31

I have an XQ50 Drone 10 & 15 and I don’t think I could ever completely trust a thermal scope for a 100% positive I D from the ones I’ve looked through, but with a Drone you know without any doubt what it is your looking at.

I was out with a friend a couple of weeks ago sitting out for a Fox and we see something coming down the hedge line about 200 yards away both convinced it was a Fox and when checking with the Drone it was a Badger.

So for me unless it gets a lot better thermal out of the question for 100% id

But it’s horses for courses.

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 25 Aug 2018, 19:31

I have an XQ50 Drone 10 & 15 and I don’t think I could ever completely trust a thermal scope for a 100% positive I D from the ones I’ve looked through, but with a Drone you know without any doubt what it is your looking at.

I was out with a friend a couple of weeks ago sitting out for a Fox and we see something coming down the hedge line about 200 yards away both convinced it was a Fox and when checking with the Drone it was a Badger.

So for me unless it gets a lot better thermal out of the question for 100% id

But it’s horses for courses.

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 25 Aug 2018, 21:29

phoenix wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 11:49
I had high hopes for the original X Sight and was badly let down by it's performance.
I had a quick look through the X Sight 4K Pro at the Shooting Show in February and in both darkness and daylight the image quality was very good, so that gave me cause for hope that they eventually built something decent.
Even though most of the recent reports on it have not been encouraging, I'm still hoping it's going to be the real deal.
Fortunately, forum member Blueroll is on a promise from Optics Warehouse for a trial when they eventually become available, so I'll wait for his review.

Cheers

Bruce
I am still waiting Bruce.

bobjs

Post by bobjs » 25 Aug 2018, 22:27

blueroll wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 21:29
phoenix wrote:

Cheers

Bruce
don’t hold your breath to long bruce....... you will keel over, and we can’t have you not here bud,

bob
known by many. liked by some. hated by a few.what would you do,who cares lets get out shooting
WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it.

http://lupusuk.org.uk/donate-now

bobjs

Post by bobjs » 25 Aug 2018, 22:27

blueroll wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 21:29
phoenix wrote:

Cheers

Bruce
don’t hold your breath to long bruce....... you will keel over, and we can’t have you not here bud,

bob
known by many. liked by some. hated by a few.what would you do,who cares lets get out shooting
WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it.

http://lupusuk.org.uk/donate-now

spiralviral

Post by spiralviral » 28 Aug 2018, 20:59

I know it's not a 75mm, but the 12 micron BAE core Trijicon IR Hunter III with a 60mm lens doesn't seem to be a bad 'un? I know the yanks won't be letting us play with it owing to ITAR, but surely it's just a matter of time before Pulsar or some other player with an inway to Europe decides to compete with a 12um core coupled to a decent sized lens?