New Thermal Products from PARD

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
Darren.R

New Thermal Products from PARD

Post by Darren.R » 12 Sep 2018, 13:17

I've just been nosing around the PARD website (the company that brought us the new rear add-on units) and saw that they have some new Thermal devices being released.

Although I'm a thermal user, I'm not really 'on the ball' when it comes to what's good and what's not, but thought they might be of interest, particularly as this one appears to be a nice little weapon mountable unit with optional rangefinder and external screen...

http://www.pard-tech.com/product11/product7.html

http://www.pard-tech.com/product13/product2.html

Atb,
Darren

jdk1

Re: New Thermal Products from PARD

Post by jdk1 » 12 Sep 2018, 15:00

They look decent little units and if the build quality is anything like the warden adder they could be worth a look.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 12 Sep 2018, 15:43

With the 60mm lens option it could be pretty usable - I just hope the rangefinder can still "see" past the bigger lens.
Their overall length is pretty short, so some form of rail extension is going to be needed for rifle mounting.
If they get the rail mount right it would be a practical spotter which could also be used as a scope
If their design, features and build quality are up to the standard of their add-on and the price is sensible, then i think Pulsar may, at last, have some serious competition.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

lightmesser

Post by lightmesser » 13 Sep 2018, 15:01

Uff... It has 5" LCD screen instead of small viewfinder. Well for 600 Euro price it could be interesting choice...

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 13 Sep 2018, 16:01

lightmesser wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 15:01
Uff... It has 5" LCD screen instead of small viewfinder. Well for 600 Euro price it could be interesting choice...
No, it has an 800x600 near eye display but with the option to connect a 5" screen to the side mounted picatinny rail via quick release connector.
The side mounted screen could allow the device to be mounted quite far forward on the rifle thus providing a huge amount of eye relief when used with a heavily recoiling rifle ;)

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Muskett

Post by Muskett » 15 Sep 2018, 19:37

Ticks lots of boxes, and the rangefinder is a nice one. With all the toys need to be nearer £3k than £4k as it misses out on pure raw performance because of the lens size and screens aren't super fab.
The hnd held spotter looks good too.

Erictheguy

Post by Erictheguy » 30 Sep 2018, 23:59

Interesting picks. The built quality and price point will play a role though.

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 04 Oct 2018, 11:12

I don`t know which/where Clive`s new Digiceptor comes from but I did notice that it has a 2x/4x button that is not in use with the Digiceptor and of course it could be the same body/internals, (from memory I don`t think so) that is already on his WT thermals but I would not be surprised if there is something in the offing thermal wise.