Iphone/iPad not recognising Helion password?

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
fizzbangwhallop

Iphone/iPad not recognising Helion password?

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 19 Sep 2018, 09:55

I think I saw a comment recently where the latest ios12 update had solved the connection problem between their Helion and iPhone....had a quick search but couldn’t find it.

Historically I’d connected my XP50 to my iPad and it would connect automatically, tried a couple of weeks ago to set it up on my iPhone 6S but it didn’t recognise the 12345 default password still set in the XP. I didn’t try the iPad at the time to see if that still worked.

Just updated both the iPhone and iPad to iOS 12 and reloaded Stream Vision to the phone but neither will recognise the Helion’s password. :thumbdown:

Any ideas gratefully received.....

Cheers

Fizz
:crazy:

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

Kevgun

Re: Iphone/iPad not recognising Helion password?

Post by Kevgun » 19 Sep 2018, 12:01

have you tried changing the password? maybe worth a go.

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 19 Sep 2018, 12:07

Kevgun wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 12:01
have you tried changing the password? maybe worth a go.
Yeah... tried that Kev although I didn't come right out and turning it off etc before doing it.

Might have another go in a bit.

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 19 Sep 2018, 12:20

Is there any other devices getting onto the pulsar before you find it..... As thats what mine tries to do when out with a mate as we both leave our WiFi on naturally it connects onto one of em before we turn the other off

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 19 Sep 2018, 13:40

thesmi wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 12:20
Is there any other devices getting onto the pulsar before you find it..... As thats what mine tries to do when out with a mate as we both leave our WiFi on naturally it connects onto one of em before we turn the other off
I'm sitting next to the home Virgin wi-fi router and can see the 2G and 5G options on that in the selection list as well as the Helion.

Just changed the password, off and back on, told the iPad to forget the Helion and then tried to join it again.... new password input and it's still telling me thats it's an incorrect password. :|

Weird.... I've updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 12 .... gone through the welcome screen and its asked me to select the wifi showing the Virgin and the Helion. Clicked on the Helion and its connected to it.... but since flashed up saying it's not internet connected so change settings or choose another network.

Thats got me... what settings? :lol:

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 20 Sep 2018, 12:28

Get out in the field away from any sources of WiFi perhaps I don't know.... Any thing worth a shot

Personally I've never tried apple anything just android..... Other option try onto an android device ie friends phone

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 20 Sep 2018, 12:41

thesmi wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 12:28
Get out in the field away from any sources of WiFi perhaps I don't know.... Any thing worth a shot

Personally I've never tried apple anything just android..... Other option try onto an android device ie friends phone
I’ll have a go waiting for foxy tonight 👍😎

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 20 Sep 2018, 14:24

If no joy you can try my one on your device see if its happy

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 20 Sep 2018, 14:24

If no joy you can try my one on your device see if its happy

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 21 Sep 2018, 07:02

Have you tried rebooting the Phone /ipad, i find this works for most things as well, thinking about it i had the same issue with my Photon RT, i reinstalled the software and rebooted then it worked straightaway.