Atn vs ward

A place for all thermal spotter and riflescope questions and info
Chrissmith0881

Atn vs ward

Post by Chrissmith0881 » 25 Sep 2018, 06:35

Has anyone actually compared the atn mars to the ward wt1-7-3 they look similar on paper just wondered how they compare in real situation.

camo304

Re: Atn vs ward

Post by camo304 » 25 Sep 2018, 06:54

Chrissmith0881 wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 06:35
Has anyone actually compared the atn mars to the ward wt1-7-3 they look similar on paper just wondered how they compare in real situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSSk4kz3XIE nuff said, buy a Ward

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 25 Sep 2018, 10:33

ATN stuff seems to have lots of gadgets to make up for the lack of performance, when you look at other stuff it seems very simple but it works as it should i.e. the Drone for example no gadgets it just works. Keep it simple is my motto, don't need wifi streaming don't need recording, just need it to work when it should. not sure what the latest 4k ATN's like though hopefully learned a lesson, but seems a big delay in the UK launch seeing we see this back in February, it looks like they are doing a Thermal in the same format.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 25 Sep 2018, 10:52

There's this recent thread on SD about the X Sight 4k https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/ ... -FANTASTIC
It appears that, in the past ATN have been distributed, at various times by Thomas Jacks, Deben and Night Vision guys (Carl Moore)
All 3 gave up their dealerships because ATN products were, at that time, unreliable and the back up from ATN extremely poor.
ATN have set up a base in the UK from which, it appears, they are supplying retailers directly.
Hopefully, ATN will be able to provide back up service for their products to a much greater extent than they have in the past.
However, they are starting from a pretty low level of customer satisfaction and they are going to have to work hard to convince the old skeptics amongst us (and I include myself in that category) that their products are worth spending our hard earned cash on.
I understand that forum member blueroll has been promised the loan of an X Sight 4K pro from Optics warehouse when they get their stock in, and i strongly encourage anyone thinking of buying a 4K pro to hold off until we have bluerolls' opinion on the product.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 25 Sep 2018, 10:59

On the money Bruce as usual :thumbup: I do like the configuration of the 4K being able to stick it in some decent 30mm mounts should eliminate zero shift issues, but it's what it performs like as well, i'm thinking .22 rimmie at the moment though :?:

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 25 Sep 2018, 13:00

Kev,
I really hope the 4K Pro does the business. I briefly tried one at the Shooting Show in February and it was impressive within the setting of a darkened tunnel and the confines of the exhibition hall.
That, of course, is no measure of how it will actually perform in the field and most of the reviews and comments I've seen about it tend to indicate that it's NV performance is not wonderful, even with a lot of IR being used.
Air rifle and 22 rimfire may be all that it is good for.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Chrissmith0881

Post by Chrissmith0881 » 25 Sep 2018, 13:33

Its the thermal scopes that i am interested in think they are both around the same money using the same sensors

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 25 Sep 2018, 15:00

If you watched that honest review on that youtube that Camo304 put up, you'd steer clear of it, looking at all the reviews even the Pulsar units, Clive's
WT1 75 3 is the best at a realistic price,and although i'm a Thermal skeptic, i have used my XQ50 spotter for getting on 2 years i am 99.9% certain of what i'm looking at once it starts moving. So i have just ordered one of Clive's units to try out, i can send it back within 14 Days if it doesn't meet my approval, however if Bruce gives it the Thumbs up then i'll more than likely be Happy with it. i'm going to start Ratting around the Feed bins on all of my Shoots to start with and work up from there. RULE No 1 of NV if you have a Drone Never sell it, iv'e got 2 so i'm safe :thumbup:

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 25 Sep 2018, 15:09

phoenix wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 13:00
Kev,
I really hope the 4K Pro does the business. I briefly tried one at the Shooting Show in February and it was impressive within the setting of a darkened tunnel and the confines of the exhibition hall.
That, of course, is no measure of how it will actually perform in the field and most of the reviews and comments I've seen about it tend to indicate that it's NV performance is not wonderful, even with a lot of IR being used.
Air rifle and 22 rimfire may be all that it is good for.

Cheers

Bruce
If it's using the camera Bruce i don't hold much hope for it :thumbdown: