Warden Adder Scopecam

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/
villaman

Re: Warden Adder Scopecam

Post by villaman » 20 May 2018, 12:06

What I would like to know . If you zero in on your scope on 8Xmag and then fit this unit and take it down to 3X ,surly your point of impact would be different and your hold over points ,specially on fac air and sub 12 air

Muskett

Post by Muskett » 20 May 2018, 13:34

I'll answer this one. No, with rear add ons digi magnification is just magnifying a picture already taken, so your crosshair is the same at any digi mag on screen. However, on front add ons its far more problematic as the cross hair is looking at the screen.

I think Clive would agree that he didn't think up the digi add on. But what he did do, and all credit to him, is to put one in production that not only was well packaged but gave a decent performance. Others tried and failed. His WDV has evolved and has got better and better to what now is a very accomplished and practical unit. He has my gratitude, and loyalty in heaps.

We know China will take anything and mass produce something, but as so often they don't really know what they are copying, doing, there are mistakes made. Their quality control is a disaster and all too often one small cheap part lets down the whole thing. I don't care how cheap it is, its no bargain if it doesn't work at what its meant to do, or if it does breaks six months later. Looks like here Clive has stepped in and salvaged another piece of potential Chinese junk and ensured his one, that he will market, is useful! If you can't beat them join them. In this case at least change it so its half decent!!

Thats my guess. I've yet to drop in for tea to ask.

I'm looking forward to more involved reviews and maybe a side to side with a WDV. I still suspect the WDV does some things better. However, for many applications this new unit might be perfect and ample. Rat 30m, Rabbit 120m, and Fox 350m, thats a big ask from one unit. For many they don't need NV to do all three.

pav

Post by pav » 20 May 2018, 13:48

villaman wrote:
20 May 2018, 12:06
What I would like to know . If you zero in on your scope on 8Xmag and then fit this unit and take it down to 3X ,surly your point of impact would be different and your hold over points ,specially on fac air and sub 12 air
I zeroed mine on impact fac at 50 yards on 6x then shot on 3x 8x and 9x scope only a 3x9x40 and same poi

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 20 May 2018, 14:03

Hi All,

Many thanks for the support. :thumbup:

Obviously there is nothing we can really do about what a Chinese trader is selling from his online night vision and gardening products emporium via Chinese market place websites. :thumbup:

It is a bit unfortunate though that there are already UK 'traders' jumping on the bandwagon and entering into a bit of 'passing off'. We are trying to work with them in a gentlemanly fashion to protect UK consumers from incorrectly specified and indeed dangerous products that shouldn't be imported or indeed sold in the UK at all.

We are trying to be very gentlemanly about this and would appreciate if the companies / individuals involved weren't named publicly.

The Warden brand is meant for wholesale supply in the UK, so in reality a trade customer can purchase the correct and safe product from us directly in the UK at pretty much similar pricing to procuring unknown standard and quality from China and we welcome all enquiries. :thumbup:

We have let those involved know the pricing.

With the Warden brand we would much rather work with our colleagues in the industry, spending in R&D and providing lots of new and exciting products to come with good 'fair' availability and pricing for both retailer and consumer. :thumbup:

The alternative would be very tedious and expensive for all concerned including, eventually, the consumer. :thumbdown:

Cheers

Clive

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 20 May 2018, 15:42

Muskett wrote:
20 May 2018, 13:34
I'll answer this one. No, with rear add ons digi magnification is just magnifying a picture already taken, so your crosshair is the same at any digi mag on screen. However, on front add ons its far more problematic as the cross hair is looking at the screen.

I think Clive would agree that he didn't think up the digi add on. But what he did do, and all credit to him, is to put one in production that not only was well packaged but gave a decent performance. Others tried and failed. His WDV has evolved and has got better and better to what now is a very accomplished and practical unit. He has my gratitude, and loyalty in heaps.

We know China will take anything and mass produce something, but as so often they don't really know what they are copying, doing, there are mistakes made. Their quality control is a disaster and all too often one small cheap part lets down the whole thing. I don't care how cheap it is, its no bargain if it doesn't work at what its meant to do, or if it does breaks six months later. Looks like here Clive has stepped in and salvaged another piece of potential Chinese junk and ensured his one, that he will market, is useful! If you can't beat them join them. In this case at least change it so its half decent!!

Thats my guess. I've yet to drop in for tea to ask.

I'm looking forward to more involved reviews and maybe a side to side with a WDV. I still suspect the WDV does some things better. However, for many applications this new unit might be perfect and ample. Rat 30m, Rabbit 120m, and Fox 350m, thats a big ask from one unit. For many they don't need NV to do all three.

My thoughts exactly but written much more eloquently than I could have :thumbup:

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 20 May 2018, 21:19

Hi Clive.
When you tried it on the S&B 3-9x50 was the scope still on its fixed focus of 100yds please ?
I am trying to work out if it might be worth trying on my old Swaro PVi-2 4-16x50 AO which will only focus down to 50yds. I know it already works with my Ward 700 (and the lens coatings accept IR, green tint) until you try to increase mag.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 20 May 2018, 21:31

blueroll wrote:
20 May 2018, 21:19
Hi Clive.
When you tried it on the S&B 3-9x50 was the scope still on its fixed focus of 100yds please ?
I am trying to work out if it might be worth trying on my old Swaro PVi-2 4-16x50 AO which will only focus down to 50yds. I know it already works with my Ward 700 (and the lens coatings accept IR, green tint) until you try to increase mag.
This was on a 3-12x50 Precision Hunter which I believe has the parallax fixed at 200m!

Cheers

Clive

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 21 May 2018, 05:36

cliveward wrote:
20 May 2018, 21:31
blueroll wrote:
Hi Clive.
This was on a 3-12x50 Precision Hunter which I believe has the parallax fixed at 200m!

Cheers

Clive
Hi Clive.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
The other thing I forgot to ask is, I presume that as the unit has a base mag of 2x it will increase the size of the ret ?

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 21 May 2018, 10:58

blueroll wrote:
21 May 2018, 05:36
cliveward wrote:
20 May 2018, 21:31
blueroll wrote:
Hi Clive.

Cheers

Clive
Hi Clive.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
The other thing I forgot to ask is, I presume that as the unit has a base mag of 2x it will increase the size of the ret ?
Yes to some degree.

The field of view is around that of the 800L but with a bit more magnification in the display to get up to the 2x.

Cheers

Clive

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 21 May 2018, 21:09

Thanks for the info Clive.