Black Sun Ruby available to order now!

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/
cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Black Sun Ruby available to order now!

Post by cliveward » 21 Nov 2017, 12:04

Hi All,

Got the new Black Sun Ruby on the website now as replacement pills for the usual suspects and complete illuminators.

Intended for add on use due to their requirement for better power density and efficiency with tubed or digital night vision, but I'm sure someone will use one with a dedicated NV and see perfectly, 3 x further than it's feasable to shoot. :D

Cheers

Clive

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Black Sun Ruby available to order now!

Post by sunndog » 21 Nov 2017, 13:11

Clive, in an x-searcher will your pill change power modes with a short/half press of the tail switch? Mine has to be fully clicked off and on to change modes
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 21 Nov 2017, 13:26

sunndog wrote:Clive, in an x-searcher will your pill change power modes with a short/half press of the tail switch? Mine has to be fully clicked off and on to change modes
Yes all our NM pills work as they should with cycling through 3 modes with a half press of the tail switch. I do distantly remember that there is a setting on the neck section of the NM that either allows this or disables it depending on if the neck section is fully screwed onto the battery tube.

Cheers

Clive

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 21 Nov 2017, 16:09

I never knew that about the neck section, i just screwed it up and thought no more about it.......every days a school day as they say.
I'll try it later cheers :thumbup:
oslon black drivers

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 21 Nov 2017, 16:43

I am happy to be proved wrong and will check myself but I always thought you could only half press the on button to cycle through the power modes and then continue to click on when selected with the NM.

weejohn

Post by weejohn » 21 Nov 2017, 19:30

cliveward wrote:Hi All,

Got the new Black Sun Ruby on the website now as replacement pills for the usual suspects and complete illuminators.

Intended for add on use due to their requirement for better power density and efficiency with tubed or digital night vision, but I'm sure someone will use one with a dedicated NV and see perfectly, 3 x further than it's feasable to shoot. :D

Cheers

Clive
I have a 6x dedicated tubed NV Clive and can't seem to be able to use any LED based illuminator with much success.

They just spill too much light and the picture goes "foggy" looking .

Would this ruby pill be any different ?

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 21 Nov 2017, 21:52

blueroll wrote:I am happy to be proved wrong and will check myself but I always thought you could only half press the on button to cycle through the power modes and then continue to click on when selected with the NM.
Yep that works for me, nice one. I think my neck section has been glued up if i remember what the chap told me......we'll see how strong the glue is when i get back to the workshop tomorrow :lol:
oslon black drivers

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 22 Nov 2017, 14:03

weejohn wrote:
cliveward wrote:Hi All,

Cheers

Clive
I have a 6x dedicated tubed NV Clive and can't seem to be able to use any LED based illuminator with much success.

They just spill too much light and the picture goes "foggy" looking .

Would this ruby pill be any different ?
Hi John,

The Ruby has a tighter beam for the lens size used so it does spill less.

I would say order one and give it a go. If it's no good for you, just return it for a refund. For a 6x dedicated scope then a pill for a T20 if you already have one, or a complete BR20 is what you need.

Use only as much power as you need, i.e. start on lowest power setting and widest beam.

Cheers

Clive

wall90

Post by wall90 » 23 Nov 2017, 18:19

clive I don't know if its just me but I cant seem to find the br20 ir pill on your website

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 23 Nov 2017, 18:36

wall90 wrote:clive I don't know if its just me but I cant seem to find the br20 ir pill on your website
Here it is:

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/black ... 2x24623160

Sorry confused even myself with the part numbers. :shock:

Cheers

Clive