Warden Adder Scopecam

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/
Benjo3000

Re: Warden Adder Scopecam

Post by Benjo3000 » 05 May 2018, 14:45

Brilliant. So the same spec as the Chinese one, except they give more information. Thanks for the reply.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 05 May 2018, 14:51

Benjo3000 wrote:
05 May 2018, 14:45
Brilliant. So the same spec as the Chinese one, except they give more information. Thanks for the reply.
It isn't though if you had bothered to read it. :lolno:

You're welcome. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 05 May 2018, 16:04

Benjo3000 wrote:
05 May 2018, 14:45

It appears that Clive's version has an additional clamp that fits onto the scope and allows the add-on to be attached and removed quickly and repeatably.
Those of us who have used rear add-ons are well aware of the time spent and precision required in fitting the add-on to the scope so that a decent image with the reticle centred is achieved.
A quick fit/release clamp is a real improvement and that clamp does not appear to be included by any other sellers that I've seen.
I also suspect that the clamp also positions the camera lens at the correct distance behind the scope so as to maximise the quality of the image. The add-ons sold without the clamp are going to be much more finicky to fit and get a decent image from.
Also, if you buy from Clive you will be covered by UK/EU consumer law and have a warranty - something likely to be lacking from a Chinese Ali Express seller.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Benjo3000

Post by Benjo3000 » 05 May 2018, 16:10

No, the Chinese one has the same clamp, but I appreciate you looking into the matter. And your point about the warranty being covered locally if purchased from Clive is probably the only reason to buy from him, whether that makes the huge price increase value for money will be down to the individual consumer.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 05 May 2018, 16:17

The Warden Adder Scopecam has a magnification range of 2-7x making it useable very well as both an add on and a QR spotter for off the rifle.

The other links that have been so helpfully shared show the magnification on those products as 4-28x making it pretty much useless as an addon. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 05 May 2018, 16:30

Benjo3000 wrote:
05 May 2018, 16:10
No, the Chinese one has the same clamp, but I appreciate you looking into the matter. And your point about the warranty being covered locally if purchased from Clive is probably the only reason to buy from him, whether that makes the huge price increase value for money will be down to the individual consumer.

If you get stung by customs that will probably narrow the price difference down by a fair bit , but the main reason i will be giving my money to clive and not aliexpress is he will have tested the crap out of them to make sure they are fit for purpose and i know if there was any problem whatsoever it would be sorted out quickly and agro free as many of us who have bought his products over the years know.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 05 May 2018, 16:44

Benjo3000 wrote:
05 May 2018, 16:10
Can you give me a link that shows one with a quick release clamp that allows the clamp to stay on the scope while the rest of the add-on can be removed for daytime use.
All of those that I've seen are noticeably shorter at the front than Clives' and all appear to be fixed to the scope with a 2 screw clamp
A quick release clamp is such a useful feature that I'm surprised that none of the sellers I've looked at has mentioned it or has shown any photographs of this feature.
In comparison, that feature is clearly shown on Clive's version
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Benjo3000

Post by Benjo3000 » 05 May 2018, 17:58

This one appears to have the same quick release clamp as the one Clive is selling.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.aliexp ... 22305.html

And if Clive has changed the lens to give a more useable field of view, then great. I just think it’s nice that people know what they are getting, and if it really took months of research and testing to figure out the lens wasn’t ideal then he’s definitely earned his money with this one.

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 05 May 2018, 18:52

Benjo3000 wrote:
05 May 2018, 17:58
This one appears to have the same quick release clamp as the one Clive is selling.

And if Clive has changed the lens to give a more useable field of view, then great. I just think it’s nice that people know what they are getting, and if it really took months of research and testing to figure out the lens wasn’t ideal then he’s definitely earned his money with this one.
I think you need to look again cos I cant see the QD bayonet fitting, clamp directly onto the scope yes but not a bayonet QD.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 05 May 2018, 18:59

Benjo3000 wrote:
05 May 2018, 17:58

Well...you and your FB chums might have just overdone it a little bit too much today with the rudeness and digs...and it is about to spectacularly backfire on you. :lol:

Give yourself a pat on the back. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive