Ooh, new shooting truck

Show off your shooting truck or ask general related questions here
rodp
A bad influence

Re: Ooh, new shooting truck

Post by rodp » 12 Mar 2018, 19:05

hairyyoda wrote:I must admit Rod, I only looked at the list of parts that are alleged to have been bought and fitted etc. Bit of a steep price for a vehicle that has a few draw backs, first one being it's 8 foot wide :?:

Thanks Rod
Phil

And illegal on the public road with those wheels and tyres. Nice axles though those 404 Mog units, but apparently quite expensive to maintain. An aquaintance of mine, one of the Richardson twins sons (they built the Merry Hill centre), was moaning about the price of Mog parts. And if he moans that counts me out completely :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 13 Mar 2018, 17:39

:wave: Please ignore my practicing of posting photographs, just a chance photograph of Wil & Sam Webster's off-roader refuelling yesterday near Llanelli ready for a run back over the bridge to travel south around the Seven Estuary after a mud bashing weekend in Wales.

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 15 Mar 2018, 08:26

:wave: Here is a cheap and cheerful off road work horse :thumbup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Agribuggy-ti ... 0033.m2042

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 15 Mar 2018, 16:31

I like that, but other side of London and a right pain to get to. It would be £300 on top of asking price to get it here.

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 15 Mar 2018, 18:23

Rod, I have a mate who exports lorries to Africa out of Sheerness and one or two other ports on the east coast Tilbury and Felixstowe if I am remembering correctly :idea: , he runs a extendable low-loader up the M4 once or twice a month :think: do you want me to find out if a pick up could be arranged :?: I could ask as I gave him 300 ton of railway ballast the other day so I am in credit for a favour :?:

P.S. It might be doable Stonegate is not that far south of Tunbridge so a run back around the M25 clockwise might fit ?
Have fired off 2 emails anyway O/K

Thanks
Phil
Last edited by hairyyoda on 15 Mar 2018, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 15 Mar 2018, 18:51

Ooh i like that phil. It could make something really cool once fitted out with a winch and little hiab
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 15 Mar 2018, 18:52

No Phil, good of you but at the moment I have 4 quads, one motor and an Argo to shift first mate. Also have piles of quad parts which really should be sorted and sold.
Seriously thinking of down sizing the factory as I'm 65 in October, if I do I'll not have space. At the moment I'm thinking one quad, a Honda 500 registered plg and one motor. Either the RR or the Disco will go, not sure which yet. The RR is fast and comfortable, but bland. The D1 is noisier, slower, less refined but has character and is more interesting to drive. The RR also has leather seats, which I hate as cold in winter and hot in summer. They only made leather seats originally because the cloth was rubbish, now it's good.
I'm still in the thinking stage, which may take a while, so not adding to the fleet at the moment. Thanks for offering though, very good of you.

"Argo, a great 8x8"

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 15 Mar 2018, 18:53

sunndog wrote:Ooh i like that phil. It could make something really cool once fitted out with a winch and little hiab

And a lighter two seat cab :thumbup:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 15 Mar 2018, 18:59

Yep needs a proper cab but i was thinking of the important stuff first :lol:

What about making a replica 2b cab 8-)
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 15 Mar 2018, 19:19

sunndog wrote:Yep needs a proper cab but i was thinking of the important stuff first :lol:

What about making a replica 2b cab 8-)

That would look good, series truck cab and doors with a 2A/2B Fc like front panel.

I'm trying to resist this Adam, and you're not making it easy :lol:

"Argo, a great 8x8"