Ooh, new shooting truck

Show off your shooting truck or ask general related questions here
hairyyoda

Re: Ooh, new shooting truck

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Mar 2018, 16:50

Adam.
I made contact with the owner about 9 years ago, I failed to make much progress on a agreeable price for me to purchase it, can't exactly remember but he would not move off £3,000 or £4,000.
Would have loved to have bought it at a sensible price and given it a complete nut and bolt rebuild with a bit of TLC.
4 X 4 with 6 forward and 6 reverse gears, an absolute little jem of a work horse.
Also been looking out for a Thwaites Workhorse, a flat bed articulated rough terrain utility/platform vehicle, another rare beast that I have lusted for.

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 28 Mar 2018, 18:55

sunndog wrote:Phil that hydrodumper is awsome. Imagine a smallholder or similar with lots of building projects to do
Stick a thumb grab on the bucket and get to work!

Any girl who wouldn't want to be taken down the chipshop on that aint the girl for me!
Proper wench would have her own, and pick you up. :thumbup:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Mar 2018, 19:20

Keep dreaming rodders
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Mar 2018, 20:52

:wave: Always liked a girl who likes getting dirty and if she has here own wrench as well :?: she will make a excellent workmate :think: friends with benefits and all that malarkey, it's a win win again :thumbup:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 28 Mar 2018, 21:06

sunndog wrote:Keep dreaming rodders

They do seem a bit thin on the ground. :lol:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Mar 2018, 21:10

:wave: As a afterthought, have you seen how many views this thread has attracted so far :?: either there are a lot of interested :lolno: viewers who are easily amused or there a lot of forum members and guests that have a genuine interest in odd ball machinery and off road transportation plus the ramblings of a few of us who have high-jacked this thread and gone off topic with ease :lol: :clap: :)
Me bad :!:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 29 Mar 2018, 06:17

The teachers always said I was easily distracted. :lol:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 29 Mar 2018, 12:47

hairyyoda wrote::wave: As a afterthought, have you seen how many views this thread has attracted so far :?: either there are a lot of interested :lolno: viewers who are easily amused or there a lot of forum members and guests that have a genuine interest in odd ball machinery and off road transportation plus the ramblings of a few of us who have high-jacked this thread and gone off topic with ease :lol: :clap: :)
Me bad :!:

Thanks
Phil

I'm surprised more folks havent joined in tbh.
Gots to be more off roaders and esoteric machine enthusiasts on here
oslon black drivers

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 29 Mar 2018, 15:54

:wave: Adam, there is a bit of Fred Dibnah in us all, it is just a case of liking oily rags and the smell of grease, paraffin and anything that that has a whiff of octane in it :think: :wtf: :roll: :)
Teacher in Dunvant Academy of the Fine Arts 60 odd years ago (joking name for junior school 1957-8) suggested to over half the class "that it was like the blind leading the blind" :lol: :lolno: :clap:
Easily led the same as Rod, there is no hope for mankind really it's just a question of time :angel: Rod would be proud of being described as "esoteric" that is one hell of good word to be using and it is not even a T G it's a F yet :thumbup:

Going to photograph a lorry based crane now that has been stuck in a hedgerow for maybe 40 years, it's going to be bramble and thorns battle for the next few hours :lol: :roll:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 29 Mar 2018, 16:59

'Esoteric' sounds so much better than 'old scrap' :lol:

Funnily enough i built a small crane last week lol
oslon black drivers