I think that probably sums up most of my life to be honest :thumbup:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Ooh, new shooting truck

Post by sunndog » 29 Mar 2018, 17:16

I like to think of myself as a sexy womble 8-) :lol:

Seriously though, can you imagine living life and not being able to just make stuff that you need...doesnt bear thinking about
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 29 Mar 2018, 19:51

sunndog wrote:I like to think of myself as a sexy womble 8-) :lol:

Seriously though, can you imagine living life and not being able to just make stuff that you need...doesnt bear thinking about

I very often think about (A) those that are so incapable of making anything, and (B) those that are so withdrawn into themselves they just don't want to, they buy everything brand new. I knew a young chap that was incapable of anything, the highlight of his day was if I gave him a job that involved making the same things over and over again for weeks on end. If he knew such an order had come in he's come up the office and ask me if he could have the job :wtf:
What a boring boring life, how can anyone be so staid, such a monotonous life !!
Even a failed attempt at making stuff is better than not even trying. Talking of which, you should see our new steam cleaning ramps :thumbup: Slight modification needed though, have to put some tread plate on them, even 4wd struggles up them when wet. it's in hand though, acquired a 10'x4' sheet of fibreglass waffle board at sensible price to cut up to use.

"Argo, a great 8x8"

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 29 Mar 2018, 19:53

sunndog wrote:I like to think of myself as a sexy womble 8-) :lol:

Has a doctor ever asked you "And just how long have you had these delusions sir?"

Just wondered like :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 29 Mar 2018, 20:28

:wave: Adam I am willing to take a decent part exchange against this little beauty :wtf: one careful owner from new, regularly serviced, willing to give a large discount and several old books of Green Shield Stamps if you can identify the makers name and factory location before 23:00 tonight. :thumbup:

P.S. I was wrong earlier the brambles had died back, the ivy is feeding off the wooden cab :shock:

"also forgot to say that the V5 is in mint condition in a leather folder" this beauty is just crying out for some TLC and a new owner who will cherish it. :)

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 29 Mar 2018, 21:05

:wave: Adam, if you want me to throw the Sanderson in just to make a full trailer load, I will bump your discount to privileged status, the more you buy the cheaper it gets :thumbup:

"number plates in Wales are always bolted on facing the kerbside, it helps the traffic wardens to stay safely away from the front or back of a vehicle to stop them being run over etc." :lolno:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 29 Mar 2018, 21:39

'Kin ell phil....just trying to decide if i need machanics kit or tree falling gear lmao
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 29 Mar 2018, 22:07

sunndog wrote:'Kin ell phil....just trying to decide if i need machanics kit or tree falling gear lmao
I would bring both if I was you :think: and bring a wench just for good measure :thumbup:

P.S. the mobile crane is a Thornycroft, it's got a extremely low revving engine, weighted crankshaft gives it a uneven engine noise, sort of goes >>> wha _____wha______wha like a cow with a deep dry cough etc. long pauses between firing strokes, owner thinks that there is a spare engine in his barn but he says he has not been in the back of the barn since somewhere around 1987 ???

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 29 Mar 2018, 22:24

My dad had a thornycroft many, many years ago. Think it was just a flat bed iirc

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 02 Apr 2018, 12:39

:wave: Found another little rarity last Friday night during my late night early morning wonderings, no phone with me so photographs will have to follow later, plus there were 2 other large farm relics that seem to have just been left where they died :?:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage