sunndog wrote:
Fox Hunter wrote:"She jeep" :o

..Feck, I'm picking one up next week :shock: :shh: :lol:

:lol:
Well, we did used to call them hairdressers, or handbag cars :wave:

:oops:

:think:

I'm going to cover it with a camo net and leave it in a field :crazy: :lol:

Sure I've seen some pink camo net that would suit that nicely :lol: .

On a more serious note, I do still have some camo net left. it's mans net though, green and brown, so don't know if it would be of use to you ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Fox Hunter

Re: Ooh, new shooting truck

Postby Fox Hunter » 25 Feb 2017, 18:23

:lol:

Pink hey :think: ..I'll park it in the roses :? :lol:

Ha, Thanks for the offer Rod, I've still got some here from when I used to cover the LJ. Doubt I'll bother though as it'll only get used in the dark so no one sees me in it :shifty: :lol:

Frogman Ladue

Postby Frogman Ladue » 04 Mar 2017, 21:36

Fox Hunter wrote:"She jeep" :o

..Feck, I'm picking one up next week :shock: :shh: :lol:

Fat 'Murican chicks, dig 'em.
Evolving work in progress, E700+DSA (Build Finished Feb2016)..Link

Last update to US spec'ed E700+DSA T-20,T67 Build. (US Parts List!)...Link

Fox Hunter

Postby Fox Hunter » 17 Mar 2017, 19:37

I'm surprised they'd fit in one :wtf:

Update on it.. it won't go where a utv will unless you mod it. Not enough torque as standard so deffo needs a lower box. Only way to get though or over some rough stuff is cocoa so damages the ground too much. Needs bigger engine or lower box with arches chopped up to fit wider tyres and lifted and I'll be happy.

Rod, one for you...Have you ever thought of a widow protector for 4x4's? Might be a stupid idea but in this jimny I can rest the gun on a window bag and have the thermal on a tripod on the front seat with it forward. There's roof bars on it so what I want is a rubber waterproof horizontal window protector type thing sticking out a few feet from the jeep attached to the roof bars. This would allow me to shoot into the wind without the inside of the cab getting soaked with rain but also protect the thermal and my rifle from too much water. Not sure if I explained it properly but basically an umbrella or small awning type thing to stop rain coming in through the window. Any ideas??

rodp
A bad influence

Postby rodp » 18 Mar 2017, 11:08

If I had to think of something quickly, and off the top of my head, I would say a pvc awning with a wire frame one end that dropped in the window slot in the door (like an upside down U shape). This could pass through a hem on one end of "awning". Other end of awning could just have a bead formed on it so it could be shut in the top of the door. I daresay that with some reasonably accurate measurements triangular sides could be added, tapering to nothing where frame goes into window slot. Clear pvc may be better although not so flexible as a coated polyester lightweight material.

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Fox Hunter

Postby Fox Hunter » 18 Mar 2017, 17:52

That sounds simple 'ish' to the uneducated :lol:

Can you make me one when you get time? :shifty: :lol:

I need a waterproof cover to go in the back too. They do some on line to fit the jimny but doubt it would be as durable as the pvc you use and I kind of test things to their limits :lol: . If you think you'll have time at some point and fancy the job drop me a pm :thumbup:

On another note the fertiliser spreader cover you made for me a few years back is still going strong. Really pleased with that. Really durable and does the job amicably. You should advertise them as you'd sell a few of those I reckon as the manufactures covers cost a bomb and only do exactly the same thing...

rodp
A bad influence

Postby rodp » 18 Mar 2017, 18:13

We use good materials, does neither you nor me any good using cheap stuff. Will need width of window aperture where wire frame will drop in and height from top of door to bottom of window aperture. Think that should be enough to knock one up. How far out would you want to go with the "awning", 12" ish ?

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Fox Hunter

Postby Fox Hunter » 18 Mar 2017, 19:32

Hmm, not exactly sure on how far..the wind comes down sideways here so 14ft?? :shock: :lol:

I'll have a good measure up when I get a chance (flat out lambing at the moment), I tried a small umbrella once which worked a treat. Guess that was closer to two foot but anything angled slightly downward would be a god send 8-)

rodp
A bad influence

Postby rodp » 18 Mar 2017, 20:10

Fox Hunter wrote:Hmm, not exactly sure on how far..the wind comes down sideways here so 14ft?? :shock: :lol:

I'll have a good measure up when I get a chance (flat out lambing at the moment), I tried a small umbrella once which worked a treat. Guess that was closer to two foot but anything angled slightly downward would be a god send 8-)

You could live to regret that :lol: :lol: :lol: One on each door and you could hang glide down the hills :lol:

Suppose 18" ish would be ok? Just thinking of the wind catching it :think: Send me the measurements and I'll get one knocked up. :thumbup:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Return to “4x4's and shooting vehicles”