Ooh, new shooting truck

Show off your shooting truck or ask general related questions here
hairyyoda

Re: Ooh, new shooting truck

Post by hairyyoda » 10 Mar 2018, 17:40

:wave: Thanks Adam, easier for me to copy this link below as the photographs show several Forest Rovers from all angles, climbed on to a lowloader many years ago Rod just to have a closer look at a Forest Rover, remember axles being H/D and on a 6 bolt pattern. Would have thought that the Roadless Company were given a free hand and a open cheque book for the R/D and the special limited production run of these oversized mules. Just a case of getting a winch and any timber cutting kit to the job and not getting your feet wet ? >>>

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Forest ... 24&bih=461

https://ibb.co/i4TF7n

I might be cracking up a wee bit but the 14 edits is me learning to get photographs from image hosting site :lol:
Last edited by hairyyoda on 12 Mar 2018, 19:43, edited 14 times in total.
ImageImage

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 10 Mar 2018, 18:36

Have you sat in a Cuthbertson Phil, the tracked one. They're seriously high.
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 11 Mar 2018, 10:41

Seen a few of them up close Rod never climbed up into one, worked for the Electricity Board years ago and in the early 80's the National Grid lent the South Wales Electricity Board 2 snow tracked type vehicles, can't remember exactly which model but very similar to the Hagglunds, noisy beasts but they would clime over rough and boggy ground without much effort, could clime over a pile of telegraph poles once the tracks got weight over them. They were also just phasing out the Forward Control models in 1981- 82 and offloading then to the auctions, a few crew vehicles were replaced with 4 X 4 A Series Ford V6 3000cc lorry based mobile rest & canteen vehicles built with "custom bodywork" at great expense :?: Makes someone wonder why go down the custom built route instead of buying a proven 4 X 4 day vehicle as a cheaper choice :?:
4 X 4 A Series Ford V6 3000cc = a lot of petrol = a lot of ££££££££££ = :think: :roll: :wtf:

Thanks
Phil
Last edited by hairyyoda on 11 Mar 2018, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 11 Mar 2018, 13:06

Taxpayers money phil, its like water out of a tap to them
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 11 Mar 2018, 14:39

sunndog wrote:Taxpayers money phil, its like water out of a tap to them

And big brown envelopes

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 11 Mar 2018, 21:22

:wave: This will launch you out of the soup https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/land-rover-9 ... SwpXtanGTU and will only leave a soft footprint on the grass. :D :lol:

Thanks
Phil

P.S. How has my tree climbing "Avatar" reappeared as if by magic :think: :?:
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 11 Mar 2018, 21:48

hairyyoda wrote::wave: This will launch you out of the soup https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/land-rover-9 ... SwpXtanGTU and will only leave a soft footprint on the grass. :D :lol:

Thanks
Phil

P.S. How has my tree climbing "Avatar" reappeared as if by magic :think: :?:
Nice

If we're talking bigger kit then the scammall pioneer is the granddaddy for my money

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... OD4xbU2nov

A man's machine for manly men in the full blood of their beardy manliness (chas isnt allowed to sit in one)
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 12 Mar 2018, 08:49

Adam
I sometimes used to have this little jem parked outside where I lived when I was a kid, my uncle was chief operator for more than 30 years and his brother (my father) was backup driver for more than 33 years.
It is a Forden Goliath one of only 2 purpose built recovery vehicles of this model, it was sold to Mason Brothers of Pembrokeshire and later was repurchased by Forden of Sandbach in Cheshire before their slow demise. Alas Forden Trucks no longer exists, another big quality company gone for ever :thumbdown:

Owner was Sam Jefferies of Fairwood Garage, Upper Killay, 3miles west of Swansea (a company that also does not exist anymore)

Thanks
Phil
Last edited by hairyyoda on 12 Mar 2018, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 12 Mar 2018, 16:55

I used to work for a Foden main dealer Phil, they weren't a bad truck.
Ref that LR on ebay, have you seen the standard of welding underneath in the photo? That would put me off spending big money on it, if they're happy with that then what else are they happy with ?

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 12 Mar 2018, 17:08

I must admit Rod, I only looked at the list of parts that are alleged to have been bought and fitted etc. Bit of a steep price for a vehicle that has a few draw backs, first one being it's 8 foot wide :?:

Thanks Rod
Phil
ImageImage